VW Caravelle T4 LWB

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale VW Caravelle T4 LWB

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • VW Caravelle T4 LWB
  • Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I am selling my VW T4 Caravelle with 10 seats, in very good condition.

It does, as you might expect, have some minor ‘quirks’, such as the fact that some of the plastic trim panels, including the front of the glove box, have broken clips. If you are planning on converting this to a camper, that won’t matter, but if you are hoping to use it as a family transporter, it is something that you may want to address.

We hardly drove this T4 in the city. It was principally used as a travelling vehicle, carrying the family frequently between Cardiff and Gloucester, as well as taking us on holidays on the Continent, and getting dirty with mountain bikes.

The body is in almost-perfect shape, save for a two-inch scrape/shallow dent on the tail gate where the neighbours’ builders banged it with some lumber. There is also a small series of superficial rust spots on the passenger-side, at the bottom of the ‘B’ pillar. The tyres are excellent, although we lost one wheel cover a couple of weeks ago.

I may be convinced to sweeten the deal by throwing in an extra set of steel wheels, complete with the black VW hub-caps, but that depends on whether or not you want them, and if they can encourage the sale. I had planned on redoing them in white and using them for winter, but never got around to it. I will also leave the Thule bars on the roof if you ask nicely.

I don’t want to hide anything, so please feel free to ask questions.

wolfenstein

Price? Pictures?

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Umm, good point, wolfenstein.

£2700

Now, the bad parts:

The only rust on the whole vehicle

And this shallow dent/scratch

bookwyse
    AlanMc100

What MOT/Tax does it have ?
    Any service history ?

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Taxed and MOTed until the end of April.

I have service history for the 2 years I owned it, including the fact that I put in a new cambelt and water pump on 1 December 2011.

Prior to me owning it, it had been used by a group of parents as a school bus for their children in Kent, and maintained by one of the members. Everything checked out then, and I have had no problems with it.

hora

What service history does it have before you owned it?

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Hi Hora. As I mentioned above:

Prior to me owning it, it had been used by a group of parents as a school bus for their children in Kent, and maintained by one of the members. Everything checked out then, and I have had no problems with it.

Beyond that, I didn’t get one. But I bought it from a guy off eBay, and he was about as honest as they come. I had the AA go and check it for me before I bought it, and they reported that it was in good condition. After I bought it, I took it to my VW dealership for an appraisal, and they, too, reported that all was good.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful in terms of what happened before I owned it.

chevvy

Hi where is your location ?

thanks

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I am in Cardiff.

auntygravity

Hi Saxon,
    Does the van have ” wheels of steel”?
    is the van diesel or petrol?
    Thanks
    Dave

hora

No service history?. Just had to clarify if the school run types had owned since new as it wasnt made clear. Not for me.

nosaintangel

hi.
    whats the engine size 2.5 or 1.9 turbo or non turbo ,can see the tdi badge on rear.
    thanks

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

2.5 TDI.

Steel wheels – both the ones that are on, and the extra set.

soops

What year is it?

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

2000. It’s a W reg

susie37

Have you sold it yet?if not does it need anything done to it mechanically?

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Correction to the info above:

The can DOES have a FSH. We just found the folder!

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Have not yet sold it, but a man with first dibs is coming to see it at 3:30. I will update then…

Premier Icon Sundayjumper
    Subscriber

Hi Saxon,
    Does the van have ” wheels of steel”?

😀

Not sure how many people got that though…

Looks like a nice van.

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Van now sold. Thank you for your interest.

Premier Icon sas78
    Subscriber

Did you sell it to a “stranger in the night”, or a “motorcycle man”?…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘VW Caravelle T4 LWB’ is closed to new replies.