Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • VW Caddy reversing sensors
  • sillyoldman

Anyone know how to adjust these? Came back to my van which had been in a long-stay airport carpark to find that (presumably after being bumped), my reversing sensors give a constant beep any time it’s in reverse regardless of whether anything is close behind or not….

Any pointers folks?

Ta.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Has it just popped back a bit in its housing? They’re very sensitive… Can you find a way to get your hand behind to push it forward?

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe they’re a bit dirty. A wet rag sorted that problem on my Audi.

sillyoldman

Tried cleaning them (bit of a rarity) – no change. They all looked pretty flush, but I’ll check. Anyone know where the control unit is hidden away?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Have a search on Caddy2k forum… I’ll post a question for you now, it takes ages to register and be approved…

sillyoldman

That’d be braw ta – cannae be arsed registering!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Sorry, it’ll have to wait til Monday, can’t remember by log in and my iPad ain’t logged in! Probably worth a search on there though…

sillyoldman

No worries – cheers.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Put it in reverse with ignition live (engine not running) to activate the sensors. Now get out of the van and put your ear up to each one. A working sensor should emit a fast clicking noise, if you find one that is silent then that’s the duff one causing the whole system to shut down.

Got this advice off caddy2k forum… Not sure what to do to fix it but if you can identify the fault it might be a simple fix…

sillyoldman

Thanks for that. 2nd from right one is dead…. Now to try to fix…

Cheers for your help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘VW Caddy reversing sensors’ is closed to new replies.