• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • VW Caddy Maxi.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Will two bikes fit in the back whole or do the wheels need to come off?

choppersquad
    Free Member

I can get two bikes in my normal caddy without taking any wheels off, so it’ll be a breeze in a maxi.

bigh
    Free Member

With the rear seats down yes. Four or five if needed

hammyuk
    Free Member

Easily – only issue is you can have more bikes than seats for the riders…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

My next van a caddy..

Clink

I can get two bikes in my normal caddy without taking any wheels off, so it’ll be a breeze in a maxi.

Anyone with a Maxi Caddy Life know if bikes will fit in with all seats up?

hammyuk
    Free Member

No they won’t – have to take rear row out and then flip middle row forward.
    That’s ok if it’s just me as I flip the single or the double if there’s two of us. Can get three people/bikes just.
    HOWEVER – take the front wheel off and it’s a whole different matter!4 people and bikes and kit comfortably.
    Whereabouts are you?

pixelmix
    Free Member

hammyuk – got photos of what the inside of your caddy looks like with the middle seats partly folded with bikes in? Do the middle row just fold forward or are the removable?

Considering a Caddy Maxi Combi for the 5 seats ability (when needed) and room for bikes when only 3 or 4 of the seats are needed. Should give room for 3 or 4 seats usable, with a couple of bikes down the side and strapped in place, yes?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Will get some tomorrow for you.
    Middle seats fold forward and will also come out completely if needed.
    Rear row is a bench that the back folds down and it slides out.
    Middle row is two seats – a single on the drivers side that folds and flips and lifts out in seconds.
    The double does the same but is slightly heavier obviously.
    I usually leave the back row out and flip the single – bike goes straight in a straps to load points.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Sounds ideal, thanks. Mrs Pixelmix insists that a T5 is too big, so a Caddy Maxi Life sounds like it could be a winner instead. Might be slightly easier to sell to her.

rickmeister

Was going for a Caddy Maxi Life but decided that there was a lot of plastics t mash in teh back, ended up with a T5 Kombi.

Doing it again, I would probably get a Caddy Kombi instead…

Big-M
    Free Member

My Our next car is a Caddy Maxi Life. I’d never get the OH to drive a Transporter but I’m in with a fair chance on a Caddy.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Make sure you test the 1.6 and the 2.o to be sure you like the one you pick.

alpin
    Free Member

can you kit out a Caddy to kip in?

specifically one of these?
    http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=241869610&asrc=st

would need to find a passenger seat. and maybe two rear seats, but looks like a bargain….

Dave
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘VW Caddy Maxi.’ is closed to new replies.