Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Vulcan Tour 27 – 28 June
  • doh
    Free Member

franksinatra – Member
    I headed up the Eildons, cracking view, i was dead chuffed.
    POSTED 15 HOURS AGO #

Me the missus and the dogs where sitting on the top of the middle eildon, was nice of them to fly right over the top of us

colin1265
    Free Member

14:26 on the nose, right over our house in Leigh on Sea. Amazing.

crazy-legs

Saw it today at the Swansea Airshow, it put on a great display. 🙂

jam1e
    Free Member

I was just eating a bacon sarnie this afternoon when the Vulcan went past my window as it headed down towards the Swansea airshow.

It put on a great display.

But then the speed and noise was turned up to the max as the Typhoon came in.

crazy-legs

Thread bump: if anyone is interested, the Vulcan is displaying at the Blackpool Airshow this Sunday. 2.30pm

http://www.visitblackpool.com/listing/blackpool-airshow-2015-675160/

Rich_s

Routeing now available for today’s flight – might be of interest if anyone’s riding in the Dales or NYMoors.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zJoGZd3-Qg5U.k3HlP1j9f5Ic
    I reckon that’ll mean Skipton around 1400-1410 then Settle-Leyburn between 1440-1450. Should be a great sight with that thing VMC across the Dales!

martinhutch

Yes! Just saw it over Skipton 2 mins ago. Awesome. Heading NWish.

duncancallum

Was on route to Blackpool. Parked up in chipping too watch it come over.

Awesome.

hjghg5
    Free Member

We were having lunch at naburn when it came over us very low – we weren’t really expecting it and could hear something behind the building then it emerged. Rather impressive. A bit north of the route on the map.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Watched it break the tower (ala Top Gun) in Blackpool , sounded and looked amazing , The Typhoon was brilliant

Bregante

Funny this thread should resurface tonight. My Dad worked at AV Roe throughout the 50’s and claims to have worked on every B1 type Vulcan that was built. I showed him that same video that I posted above tonight on my phone and I swear he actually had a little tear in his eye.

Had I known that it was flying at Blackpool today I’d have taken him over to see it.

allthegear
    Free Member

Whilst it’s an amazing site to see (and hear!), I’m rather glad the reason it won’t be flying any more is it’s worn out, not that it has “done its job”…

Rachel

rascal
    Free Member

I was quite disappointed I missed this a few months ago BUT…

The Vulcan is flying at Cosby in Leicestershire tomorrow as part of the Victory Show.
    Not sure of exact time but thought it was worth a PSA.

http://www.thevictoryshow.co.uk/

I’m going to head over on the roadie – gives me a good reason to do a nice 40 miler 😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

You sure about that? It’s at the Scottish Air Show static display tomorrow after doing its moves in Ayr today.

toppers3933
    Free Member

its at cosby tomorrow afternoon for a full display, barring issues anyway. looking forward to it.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Here’s today show:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVXm0HlipM[/video]

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah yeah, departs Prestwick mid afternoon.

Missing the whole thing, ***** minimal manning requirements 👿

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m at work until 3. might need to shut up early.

Mikkel
    Free Member

watched it take off earlier
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/ycWNJN]5J4A9311[/url] by msh_sco, on Flickr

5J4A9244

and will go to The Victory show tomorrow as well, where i am looking forward to seing the Meteor as well.

rascal
    Free Member

Can’d find any info on the times the Vulcan is doing it’s thing….anyone know?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Imagine it will be lateish as up in Scotland most of the day.

toppers3933
    Free Member

No Vulcan at Cosby tomorrow. Has a fault so is going straight back to Doncaster. Bugger.

toppers3933
    Free Member
    Shred
    Free Member

She flew past the Isle of Man airport this afternoon. It was good to see her one last time.

rascal
    Free Member

Arse!
    Was looking forward to that.
    Probably never see it in the air now 😥

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

We went to see the Vulcan at Carlisle Aviation Museum today, brilliant!!

What wasn’t brilliant was being told we weren’t allowed in the pilots seat anymore because people had been stealing things, someone had actually taken one of the “peeing pipes”! Utter ****!

toppers3933
    Free Member

rascal – Member
    Arse!
    Was looking forward to that.
    Probably never see it in the air now

This.

legend
    Free Member

You could see there was a problem today! I had pretty sizeable binoculars on the go and could see that the nose wheel didn’t look like it was down properly, then it just kept circling the airport for a while (which then led to the “air traffic delay”). Only mentioned it quietly to the old boy, obviously not the sort of thing you want to announce after recent events. Was shitting myself about it tbh

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It was a tad disappointing today, flown very conservatively compared to last year. Understandable though, but still. Where were you watching from Legend?.

legend
    Free Member

Part 1 is was just beside the Daily Record bus, part 2 a bit further north.

Crackin day for it. The Typhoon was as impressive as expected, the Draken was top notch too though!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I could watch the typhoon all day, it’s incredible. We were stood pretty much next to you.

midlifecrashes

Back home Prestwick-Doncaster today, wheels down all the way. Take-off 15.30, landing 16.30.
    Hope they can fettle the undercarriage ok to do the last few shows, but I’m off to see her landing today just in case it’s her last.

Google maps flightplan

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah ****

It would head south rather than the north loop 🙁

Oh well, that was that then…

midlifecrashes

Back she came, five circuits of the field, brakes out, burning fuel.

Hold your breath, everybody.

Safe and sound.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I’ve never seen my kids look as shocked as when the typhoon appeared when they were happily playing on the beach yesterday, genuine awesome terror.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Think we saw a Vulcan flying down Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales this afternoon

ebygomm
    Free Member

Disappointed quite a few people at Cosby this afternoon by letting them know the Vulcan wasn’t turning up.

A bit poor really that they were still telling people at the gate that it *might* show up but not to count on it, when the no show was confirmed yesterday.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Flew a few miles West of Penrith (junction 40 m6) at 1604hrs noticed the wheels were down.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Went up and watched a few planes at Cosby this afternoon. Disappointed an anorak type who was there to see the Vulcan. Such a shame it didn’t make it because it was a beautiful afternoon.

rascal
    Free Member

Finally…was near Lutterworth yesterday and heard the sound of a plane sounding like it was worryingly low…rushed out to see what the hell it was – caught the Vulcan for all of 2-3 secs in a banking turn through a clearing in some trees before it disappeared from sight again. Looked and sounded bloody brilliant – I think I shouted ‘Bloody hell it’s the Vulcan!’ or something – loads of people rushed out all excited too 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Vulcan Tour 27 – 28 June’ is closed to new replies.