• This topic has 209 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mt.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 210 total)
  • Vuelta, possible spoiler.
  • alex222
    Free Member

So they don’t get tested/have a biological passport anymore?

Contador does he have a biological passport; even being an ‘unrepentent’ doper?

Well you can compare chalk and cheese

Because they are all* professional/ex-professional cyclists who have some sort of doping issue that is next to their name. Yep so very very different**.

*Contador, LA and Millar

**one is British (and he said sowwy pweeze forgive me I don’t mean to upset Jebus)

mt
    Free Member

http://www.dopeology.org

Haver a look at this site, gives you all you need to know about who, what drug, what team and even the doctors. Brilliantly depressing. Goes back to 1980 so you really can have you hero reputation shattered.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Alex its still a straw man as you have been told numerous times why Millar should be treated differently from the rest andby a number of different posters. A sensible person would debate whether we had a point or not.

Stolen from TINAS on another thread

Solo
    Free Member

Is there any live coverage on right….Now ?

Solo
    Free Member

Ok, I’ve just seen the graphic for live TV. Looks like it starts at around 128Km 🙁

alex222
    Free Member

Alex Junkyard its still a straw man as you have been told numerous times why Millar Contador among others should be treated differently from the rest given the benefit of the doubt and by a number of different posters. A sensible person would debate whether we had a point or not.

Solo
    Free Member

🙄

alex222
    Free Member

Sorry.

tinsy
    Free Member

OK Nimrods..

49kph for the 2nd hour in 29deg heat…

Who is going to be the first to say drug fuelled?

mt
    Free Member

They have the benefit of my doubt.

alex222
    Free Member

They have the benefit of my doubt.

I am certain that they are really deeply traumatised by the knowledge that you are frowning through your T.V/computer at them 😆

Flat stage Gilbert for the win?

tinsy
    Free Member

Well I guess the big money would be on John Degenkolb… & his name amuses me too. 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

Truly the name of a champion cyclist.

mt
    Free Member

Just a glance from me should alert them to my general disaproval. 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

After the last few days, I think this flat stage with a sprint finish is going to be an anti climax, we need a Sky breakaway with Froome TT it home alone for a win.

Not even had a ticker note for 10k.. dull.

jota180
    Free Member

Contador and Valverde will probably ride up the Bola del Mundo on Saturday sat backwards, on the bars blowing raspberries at those not clever [or Spanish] enough to dope and get away with not much more than a slap on the wrist

Solo
    Free Member

Not even had a ticker note for 10k.. dull.

Right, I thought that ticker thing was a bit slow.
    🙁

The three big European tours, the Giro, TdF and the Vuelta. The coverage should be better really. I mean, as I have come to better understand cycle racing at this level, I think its a great thing to watch, imo.

tinsy
    Free Member

They are just pootling along at a nice steady 48-49kph enjoying the veiw…. Well maybe not, its fast, its hot, but it needs more today to make it exciting, the last few days racing have spoilt us.

mogrim

49kph for the 2nd hour in 29deg heat…

Who is going to be the first to say drug fuelled?

29 isn’t that hot. Still giving it some, though!

Solo
    Free Member

Looks like a Group finish coming up if Radio Shack lead the peleton in closing on the break.

Who’s going to be able to sprint away from the pack for the last 300m ?.

tinsy
    Free Member

Dangleknob, but Sky is right on it for Ben Swift.

rusty90
    Free Member

Bennati pips Swift at the line

Solo
    Free Member

Nope !,I missed all that. 🙁

alex222
    Free Member

Bennati the dirty fereign doper pips Swift wonderful blue eyed boy at the line

tongue firmly in cheek

tinsy
    Free Member

Well I know to fast forward to the last 10 mins tonight… Shame for Swift.

tinsy
    Free Member

Its OK Alex, pretty sure the drug talk will re convine tomorrow.. I might even join in. 8)

mt
    Free Member

Alex222

Bennati Betamethasone 6/4/2005 positive test. Also proven to be italian.

http://www.dopeology.org/people/Daniele_Bennati/

alex222
    Free Member

tinsy
    Free Member

Go on get right into it, how many riders in the Vuelta have been caught doping at one time or another?

mt
    Free Member

Alex222 was not trying to prove a point just thought I’d check Bennati out and there he was, sad really (me as well as him).

Just tried to find the some of my favorite riders of back in the day on the lists. Sean Kelly is in there as is Millar. Robert that is right next to David.

Will now use the dopeology site as guide whenever I watch a race. If I’m enjoying the action just a quick name check and I’ll know if my enjoyment has to turn to synism. 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

<lazyMode>

Has anyone got a link to the GC ?, thanks.

</lazyMode>

Solo
    Free Member
    Lifer
    Free Member

alex222 – Member

What are you on about? Completely missed my point.

mt
    Free Member

Lifer if you are talking to me I’ve not got a clue what I’m talking about, never have. On STW I thought that was the point. 🙂

forgot a word edit

Lifer
    Free Member

Not you chap, Alex222.

alex222
    Free Member

What are you on about? Completely missed my point.

Well I still don’t understand how it can be that one man caught doping who has a blood passport is different to another man caught doping who has a blood passport. In my eyes there is no difference yet some peoples eyes there is a big difference.

It all comes down to semantics. The man who has said sorry is okay the man who has not is not okay; even though they have both served a ban and got a blood passport.

Or is it only riders who say sorry who

get tested

/ have the old

biological passport

?

mt why

check and I’ll know if my enjoyment has to turn to synism.

?

You could just be cynical about the whole lot from the start and not bother checking that site and save yourself the effort.

Solo
    Free Member

WTF are you lot going on about ?.

EDIT:
    You could just be cynical about the whole lot from the start and not bother checking that site and save yourself the effort.

Right, so if you’re just down right cynical about the whole she-bang. Why watch it or even discuss it. Have you heard of Cricket ?.

Lifer
    Free Member

He said:

alex222 – Member
    “especially when they are unrepentant.”
    If they say sorry there is absolutely no reason to question them any more. No sir. Not ever; especially the British ones who say sorry.

To which I said:

Lifer – Member

And from then on I’m completely lost as to what he’s getting at.

alex222
    Free Member

WTF are you lot going on about ?.

Dopers who say sorry after serving a ban are good; dopers who don’t say sorry after serving a ban are bad. In short.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Vuelta, possible spoiler.’ is closed to new replies.