• This topic has 209 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mt.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 210 total)
  • Vuelta, possible spoiler.
  • tinsy
    Free Member

No I only have a ticker, as we run through a server in Germany here.

You might find some coverage live from about 4pm, here.
    http://www.usagoals.com/
    or here.
    http://cyclingfans.com/

tinsy
    Free Member

tracknico, you may get your wish.

Philippe Gilbert looks to be chomping at the bit too.

Solo
    Free Member

I seem to recall something from his book about the whole Slipstream team undergoing regular in and out of season testing (independently verified).

It was a founding principle of the team. To race and to win, clean.
    To this end they wanted to go above and beyond the bare minimum of complying with the UCI testing requirements.

mogrim

Did anyone find a way I can watch the Vuelta online, for free ?.

You could try through the Spanish TV, http://www.rtve.es/deportes/ciclismo/directo/

Not sure if they geolocate and cut the retransmission.

Edit: not started showing yet, the sports channel might show it later too: http://www.rtve.es/deportes/directo/teledeporte/

tinsy
    Free Member

Interesting, I tried the link, yes its too early I think, but I was please to notice that Twitter in Spanish is Twittear. 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

steephill.tv

at least 3 eurosport feeds in english.

tinsy
    Free Member

Contador has gone early and gapped them… this is it..

tinsy
    Free Member

Where did you all go, you getting to see it yet anyone?

Contador is going to go into the lead today..

rusty90
    Free Member

Incredible stuff. Contador just riding off the front and leaving everyone for dead, Merckx style.
    Must have had one hell of a steak last night 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

Speaking out on doping/ex dopers.

David Millar ?@millarmind

Holy shit @albertocontador is one hell of a bike racer.

Sorry, couldn’t resist that one!

Berty for the win though. what a madman.

jd77
    Free Member

He also tweeted this

David Millar ?@millarmind

OMG this is old school, and I mean good old school, not bad old school.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Brilliant racing, though difficult not to be sceptical of Contador.

mogrim

Would have like Purito to win, but Contador’ll do 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

I am not too sceptical of Contador, this was a very well planned attack.

mrblobby
    Free Member

We done unrepentant drug cheat Valverde yet…?

spawnofyorkshire

@ mrblobby

done him in what way? with a spanner or some carpet tacks?

tinsy
    Free Member

Well I look forward to seeing the highlights tonight.
    A new leader, it takes a lot to attack day after day, impressive stuff.

mrblobby
    Free Member

done him in what way? with a spanner or some carpet tacks?

🙂 Comment reminded me of the chap who chased Bertie with the giant syringe in the tour a couple of years back.

clubber
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire

@mrblobby @clubber that’s brilliant, i didn’t see that on that years giro.
    I do remember on the time trial that year the commentator saying that bert still had loads of supporters just as he rode up about 50 meters of abuse painted on the road

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah yes, it was the giro. I’d got it confused with the doctors on the tour…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuHsW3pnPY[/video]

spawnofyorkshire

there were some guys dressed as butchers in another race holding steaks, i can’t find a picture but i was LMAO at that one

mogrim

There was a guy with a “For Sale / Irun steaks” sign in Spanish the day before yesterday, too.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

con tador, and valverde, who would have expected that, rest days can be very helpful, lance used to love them !

brakes
    Free Member

does rest day mean a rest from testing too?

ocrider

Hmm.

The cynic in me thinks that Tuesday would be the perfect moment to load up and flush out. Still great ride from c**tybaws.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Who would have thought a great recovery after a rest day from Bertie

Did he have steak yesterday?

this is the real tragedy there will always be this niggling doubt now,

jota180
    Free Member

This stage 17 sort of reminded me of stage 17 in the 2006 TDF

mintimperial

this is the real tragedy there will always be this niggling doubt now

Yep. I watched that with half my brain going “Cor! Amazing racing! Go on lads!” and the other half going “Oh look, the two ex-dopers are blowing the field to pieces a day after a rest day. Great.” 🙁

bratty

I love the road scene, but after 20 years of watching, I am very uneasy about the spaniards here…. when you see old footage of Merckx et al on the go, they were fast, but looked like they were suffering. I cannot think that racing up 20-25% percent sections of 19km climbs can be done without looking the same.

I feel this is like the bad old days. Good racing overall, but I think Contador should not be riding, neither should Valverde.

I am reminded of how the German TV cannot mention cycling without mentioning doping. I think it all got too much for them. It is a little like the Euro crisis will end up, they kept giving out trust then tire of it and loose interest in the end.

I hope we don’t as well, but as the Spanish cycling authorities probably won’t grip it, we’ll have to rely on the UCI. Oh dear. Can we get the USADA to do it?

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Unfortunately Steak-boy has previous form for rising Lazarus like after a rest day.

mt
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    does rest day mean a rest from testing too?

it’s Spain the testing is for show only. There Prime Minister does not allow positive tests to be followed by a ban. It’s good racing though it reminds me of Pantani. Really great to watch as long as you suspend your belief. I’m enjoying it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

K’in
    Ell

Most excellent

higgo
    Free Member

This stage 17 sort of reminded me of stage 17 in the 2006 TDF

Was that the day I was stood on the Col du Ranfolly and watched Landis’ magnificent ride into Morzine?

anagallis_arvensis

unbelieveable racing, unbelievable performances by two ex dopers…. all in all I dont believe it!

mt
    Free Member

The Astana guy supported Contador after he was busted. Was even gifted a Stage win in the Giro by Contador, this was of course while the cheating beef eater was serving his soon to be back dated ban.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mrmo
    Free Member

I watched the highlights, and am in two minds, first it is the spanish national tour and the spaniards will want to win. but the way Contador rode today? He is good with or without assistance, he is probably one of the best stage racers of the current era.

But i don’t think he would be stupid enough to do anything that might get him banned, after all the test he failed was only bad luck and a different lab might not have picked up on it.

Then again Operacion Puerto and the way it has been dropped, leaves a nasty taste, official cover up.

alex222
    Free Member

Excellent racing; really enjoyed watching it.

ampthill

Just been an ubelievable spectacle. I’d say as good as any stage race I have ever followed, except maybe Roche’s win of the tour in the 1980’s…….

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Vuelta, possible spoiler.’ is closed to new replies.