Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • VR50 Jawbones?
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

I’m looking for a pair of black-framed Jawbones with VR50 lenses but can’t seem to find any online. Does anyone know of anywhere that has some in stock?

Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions of where would be cheapest to buy black Jawbones (doesn’t matter on the lens options), then a cheap place to buy replacement VR50 lenses?

I don’t mind buying from the US – or perhaps even eBay if it’s a reliable (and genuine) seller.

Thanks all.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Have you tried looking for racing jackets? i think that is the new name for jawbones (there was some trademark issue)

lunge

Racing jackets are different, similar style but a but smaller.

Houns

They aren’t smaller you’re thinking of the split jacket.

Op, if you can’t find them just click on custom and make your own on the website

ashfanman
    Free Member

They aren’t smaller you’re thinking of the split jacket.

They do look very similar, but have some weird strap thing around the back. I can’t tell whether that is detachable, and whether the glasses are otherwise identical?

Op, if you can’t find them just click on custom and make your own on the website

Transitions lenses don’t appear to be available as an option on the Oakley custom builder. I’ve found some genuine VR50 lenses for about £50 from a US seller (anyone know of anywhere cheaper?), but the Racing Jackets on the Oakley site start at £180 – I can’t really justify spending £230 on some sunglasses.

I’m ideally trying to find some black Jawbones (or Racing Jackets) for around £100-120, then I can get the replacement VR50s from the US. If anyone knows of any stores that have black Jawbones on sale (doesn’t matter what lenses) then that would be really helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘VR50 Jawbones?’ is closed to new replies.