Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Voyager or Enterprise?
  • Cougar

No love for The Orville then?

I was going to suggest The Orville. It is a TNG remake in all but name and is far better than it has any right to be. But I’d hardly have said it was suitable for an 8-year old.

Sui
    Free Member

Oooh a new Trek programme, and it’s got the sexy borg lady in it.. awesome..

Also, DS9, agree it took a while to get going, but once the Dominion stuff kicked off it was cool. I didn’t think i’d like the more ecent Treks (Disco etc) since they went to non mainstream TV, but theyve all been really good, slightly different from the old TNG, but a good update. I always felt that Voyager was the out of place series, though can’t exaplin why (still liked it mind)..

as far as the films are concerend, there is a definite time when they went a bit “holywood”, post Kirk, then they seem to have pulled them back on the more recent ones being a bit more edgy.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Kirk saves the day by doing doughnuts on an antique motorbike.

I haven’t watched a less edgy film in a long while.

Cougar

I always felt that Voyager was the out of place series, though can’t exaplin why (still liked it mind)..

Voyager could be great. The arc with Species 8472 absolutely mullering the Borg was exceptionally good. But there was so much dross in there too (though the same is true of all Trek series really). It jumped the shark for me somewhat when they rescued a colony of families giving us the whole Naiomi Wildman piece, man that was tedious.

Janeway being the authority on absolutely everything got old fast as well, they’re supposed to have the cream of Starfleet on board (plus the Maquis) and yet she knows more about engineering than her chief engineer? Stroll on.

martinhutch

Kirk saves the day by doing doughnuts on an antique motorbike.

I haven’t watched a less edgy film in a long while.

ST Beyond was a terrible film in just about every way. Enjoyed the first two, lens flare and all. Well, until the last half hour of Into Darkness, which dragged on a bit.

eulach

Thanks, guys.

After your comments on DS9 I’ll have a watch of that by myself. There’s not much love for Enterprise then. I’ll probably cherry pick Voyager and take the Borg and Q stories from TNG. Thanks richmtb. trailwagger made a pertinent point too.

Babylon 5 was true genius and I would recommend to all sci fi fans despite the dated FX. Brilliant storytelling.
    Firefly also good but at the moment spaceships>cowboys.
    I really liked what they did with the Expanse, especially introducing the sweary politician early (I really don’t like the TV Naomi though). But is it not a bit complex for a 10 year old?
    I enjoyed Altered Carbon too. Not as good as the book, but when I remembered that the book Kovacs didn’t have much depth of character either, I got into it. Not for the lad though.
    PS the Steel Remains series are well worth a read.
    Farscape – I never got into and life is too short for so much tv. Cool spaceships as I remember.
    Did anyone else watch Earth 2?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Voyager or Enterprise?’ is closed to new replies.