Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Voting in tomorrow's (theoretical) general election
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

free sausage rolls? From the newly appointed Minister for Pies?

…but sausage rolls aren’t pies. Sorry, but you’ve just lost my vote!

piemonster

Are these Artisan Sausage Rolls?

Not fussed about Organic now some bloke on the telly said they’re bad for the environment. But they need to be poncey.

* awaits vote clincher

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In true ministerial gaffe fashion, is Binners’ next gonna tell me Gregs sell Cornish Pasties and not “slop slices”?

oldnpastit

Lib Dems are very constrained by being in a coalition so for that I give them the benefit of the doubt. And locally, they seem pretty sensible (and pro-cyclist).

Unlike the Tories, who are complacent and happy to concrete over the entire county. Labour is not really an option for me. I might as well just not bother voting, even though I quite like Mr Milliband.

So Lib Dem.

camo16
    Free Member

Change the sausage roll for a meat and tater pie and you’re my guy, Binners MP!

JEngledow
    Free Member

Change the sausage roll for a meat and tater pie and you’re my guy, Binners MP!

+1

This could turn out to be the most successful political U-turn ever!

binners

Hmmmmmm. With an eye on my political future, I’m going to be pragmatic and rename the new Ministry for Pastry Products and, in my new era of inclusiveness, throw open the sausage roll option to vegetarians and citizens of all races – free pie or pasty of your choice! Made in the countries finest bakeries! From the very best ingredients!

I can’t lose!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

No Ernie, the last post was not posted on the wrong thread (but I imagined that it could be misinterpreted – it was not a criticism of Hollande per se, he has enough of that already!I was merely illustrating my previous point that there is v littleto choose between major parties in the UK or elsewhere. The right and the left are essentially doing the same thing, their policies are broadly the same and they are both reacting to events rather than leading the economic and political debate. On top of this you often have the ironical situation where parties actually do more of that their opponents would do eg Hollande’s austerity package is arguably more aggressive than Osborne’s. Poltitics is turned on its head! But what’s new there? Reagan was one of the great spenders in the US and republicans often spend more than democrats.! The history of politics is littered with examples of XXX wingers implementing more YYY wing policies (at least in terms of government spending) and vice versa. Beware the rhetoric!

Hence the other red ED thread is relevant – isn’t it time the unions formed a new party to represent their interests? The main parties are lodged so firmly in the same ground that any vote becomes largely irrelevant unless the MP is able to focus on local issues that are relevant to the individual voter.

It was a very direct and straightforward question, the OP asked who would you vote for if there was an election tomorrow ?

No need for a “politician type” rambling, evasive, and waffling, non-answer.

Just answer the direct and straightforward question with a direct and straightforward answer.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Binners’ U-Turn

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Meat Pie, sausage roll
    Come on Binners give us a goal !

JEngledow
    Free Member

Meat Pie, sausage roll, Come on Binners give us a goal an honest government!

FTFY!

camo16
    Free Member

Free pie for all might just be the most inspired electoral manifesto ever… I am impressed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Teamhurtmore – Member
    OP, don’t get distracted by Cleggies yellow tie. Look for the secret cross-bwpench hidden club. We are not meant to know about this hidden alliance but they are becoming increasingly brazen. The giveaway? The purple tie – watch next PMQ. An interesting group, and why purple!?!?!
    POSTED 1 WEEK AGO #

Note Ed’s tie today? His wife’s dress first thing? Nick Robinson’s tie? The dress just behind Ed on the stage? Which Tory will be following suit next week?!?

The “hidden club” becoming more and more brazen every day!!

camo16
    Free Member

What did I miss, THM? Tell me about the tie, the dress and all the rest of it!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s supposed to be a secret camo!!!

camo16
    Free Member

Damn you and your wily secrets, THM!

Tell me this at least – was there blue involved?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

All 4 were purple….enough said 😉

kimbers

i thought purple was the colour of sexual frustation, which is why dairy milk use it

camo16
    Free Member

Nah, purple’s the colour of pimps innit.

camo16
    Free Member

Meanwhile, Labour pledge to freeze energy bills to 2017 – maybe I should vote Ed after all…

gordimhor

Am hoping not to have a vote in 2015 general election. ..but if it was tomorrow I would vote binners 🙂

senorj

Just had a quick go at the vote for policies thing and came out 50/50 Green/Labour.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Voting in tomorrow's (theoretical) general election’ is closed to new replies.