Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Voting card. Have you had one yet?
  • welshfarmer

Just a thought. For all the recent local and regional elections so far I have always received a white voting card in the post. Nothing for this GE though so far. Should I be worried?

jam-bo

yes.

but you don’t need it.

legend
    Free Member

Received mine weeks ago. Do you even actually need them these days though? EDIT: wot he ^ says

thejesmonddingo

No,but I’m in Barnsley,so it won’t make much difference.

welshfarmer

Realise you don’t need it, just worried I turn up and Thursday and they say “your names’ not on the list, sorry mate”

P-Jay
    Free Member

Weeks ago, check your fridge? Mine has been stuck to ours for weeks.

welshfarmer

Well I voted in the the last GE and in last months local council elections and since nothing has changed I guess I am worrying over nothing. Cheers lads.

Off to check the fridge …..

aracer
    Free Member

In which case I don’t think there’s anything you can do anyway, whether or not you have a voting card. I think I’ve had one, but not sure where it is – I’d stick in straight in recycling, it doesn’t seem to make any difference to the efficiency of voting and ages since I’ve bothered taking mine.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Mine has been on the fridge door for a few weeks to remind me to vote.

franksinatra

Phone your Electoral Registrations Office at local council and they will confirm if you are on the voter list or not. If not, you have plenty of time to sort it, they can do it up to 5pm on the day of the elections (although I wouldn’t recommend this approach!)

Definitely do not need your polling card but helpful for your Polling Station staff if you do, especially if it is a busy station.

chewkw
    Free Member

I have already postal voted few days ago.

Let’s hope my ballot paper has not been binned put it this way … you never know … 😆

legend
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    I’d stick in straight in recycling, it doesn’t seem to make any difference to the efficiency of voting and ages since I’ve bothered taking mine.

I only realised the polling place had changed as I was heading out to vote last month – pretty glad I had the card!

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Nothing here in Bristol, likely to be away on the day too.

franksinatra

Nothing here in Bristol, likely to be away on the day too.

Not too late to arrange a proxy vote. As above, contact local council Electoral Registration Office

eskay

Any Bristolians doing the Banksy thing? I must say I am tempted (will just have to make sure the shutter sound is turned off of my camera!).

franksinatra

what is the Banksy thing?

Edit: just read up on this. Very illegal, both for Banksy and voter.

sharkattack

I registered to vote at my new address a few weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing since.

Should I do anything or just turn up on Thursday? It’s the first time I’ve voted in a GE so not sure what goes on.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

A call to enquire about the missing postal vote and they report ‘ah yes lots of people haven’t received theirs, can you come and collect it tomorrow instead?’

Maybe some sort of guidance “if you haven’t recieved your vote by xx then please contact y” like other areas have published would have been appropriate?but hey what do I know..

chrismac

Voting card? I actually voted last week, the joys of a postal vote.

white101

Last year for the referendum I asked for a postal vote as I was going to be out of the country (in Europe on holiday, near Maastricht as it happened) Im still waiting for the council to send it.

I rang every day for a week before we went and they denied they had my application, then I got an email suggesting I came down and voted at the civic centre the next morning as it was to late to post out to me, shame I was on a ferry by that point.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Voting card. Have you had one yet?’ is closed to new replies.