Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Voodoo Wazoo fat bike review (pic-free due to phone death :-(
  • kayak23

Nice evening out on the Wazz last night.
    Tried a bit more pressure in the tyres and rolled a lot better on flat fields and towpaths around here…

dahedd
    Free Member

I’m getting seriously tempted by one of these. Must resist.

zippykona

Resistance is futile.

kayak23

Update on the Wazoo.

Now running it tubeless (though I’m sure it’s totally unreliable and I’ll have to go back to tubes) and with the on-one carbon fatty forks (that I accidentally bought against the advice of my ‘financial advisor ‘ ) it now weighs in at 33lbs total.

That is also with a 400 mm SDG I-beam post and saddle I had in my spares.

The weight of the original steel fork was 1500g …

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I thought the Fatty was tapered steerer, and the Wazoo straight? What was the weight of the O-O carbon fork?

kayak23

No, straight steerer. Weighs about 650g according to on-one. I didn’t actually test that but it certainly feels like nowt.

kayak23

Took the Wazoo a casual 20 miles round the FOD today.
    Really enjoyable, and such a nice day.

Managed to set the rear up ghetto tubeless and it held very well all day. Thought I’d leave the front until I knew it would be reliable.

It was difficult to get tyre pressures dialled as I found that either it was too wallowy on the hardpack of the trail centre bits but great off piste, or really rolling fast and keeping a line but being rough as hell.

I have to say, I missed my usual 160mm of travel when I was clattering down the downhill runs. You really appreciate what suspension does when you’re riding a rigid basketball. 😀

Reckon it would be great with a Bluto but meh. Maybe I need to remember that it’s a different kind of ride to my thin bikes and chill a bit.

Beautiful day.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Are any other Wazoo owners getting tempted to get a set of those Fat Not Fat 29er Reet’hards?

Do we know if these wheels have a RDS front, to slot in the Carbon Fatty Fork?

Bregante

I did consider a set of these wheels for my Caribou until I came across this advert . He’s changed the pics now but originally he was selling some Fat Not Fat Reet’ards with the bike (he’s split the ads now).

Anyway I thought the bike looked really odd and out of proportion with the Reet’ards fitted.

Incidentally – who on earth re-sprays a practically new bike and adds stickers for a completely different make and model of bike?? Really odd.

johnnystorm

I ran my OOF with Fat-Not-Fat wheels and Halo Twin Rail 2.2s. Rides pretty decently. Handy if you want to take your bike away with you and not always use the 4″ if there’s any tarmac involved, etc.

rezis
    Free Member

For tarmac workouts, I ordered the 3.5″ BSC tyres from PlanetX for the Dune. Smoothies tread but the biggest draw was only £15 with the 40% off at the minute. Haven’t tried em yet tho…

dahedd
    Free Member

sorry for bumping an old thread. Had my Wazoo a few weeks now, very different to riding a full sus 29er but much fun. Just takes a little getting used to. Just need to mess around with the tyre pressures. Reckon I’m.still running it too hard as I’m often feeling a slight pull to the left. Silly thing is that as heavy as the Wazoo feels vs my Stumpjumper it’s still a touch lighter than my daughter’s Specialized HotRock, just nuts.

I managed to resurrect an old rear crud catcher for the back wheel & it worked very well but restricted the ability to drop the seat, not very handy on some of my local single track.

I’ve found that the Zefal Deflector Light fits both front forks & rear very well. Keeps the worst of the muck of me for now. Most of our trails are dry & dusty with the odd bogey bit just now.Might use both the Zefal & Crud catcher on the rear come winter again. (Actually wanted the Zefal for my Stumpjumper but it wouldn’t fit)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/zefal-deflector-light-universal-mudguard/rp-prod143867?gs=1

My only bug bears with the bike so far are the exposed cables along the underside of the down tube. I’ll have to replace those with enclosed ones, keep the crap of them & I’m worried that a crud catcher on the down tube will effect the cables. And the lack of a slot for a dropper posts cabling not that Im looking to fit one right now. Just a minor irritants though.

roverpig

Why would having the tyres too hard cause it to pull to the left?

dahedd
    Free Member

It probably wouldn’t. Chances are it’s the brakes. But I’m definitely running with the tyres to high a pressure. Need to buy a digital pressure gauge.

kayak23

I’ve got a wazzoo. It pulls to the left, and indeed the right. Fatbike innit.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

johnnystorm – Member
    I ran my OOF with Fat-Not-Fat wheels

Johnnystorm, what disc spacing does the front wheel of that set have, please?

I suspect it is RDS, like the steel and carbon Fatty forks, but the webpage says nothing about RDS or FDS.

dahedd
    Free Member

Double post.

dahedd
    Free Member

Anyone here have any experience of Carbonzone on eBay, set of fattie carbon forks for u under £100. I’ve seen them recommendd on another forum.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/carbonzone/_i.html?rt=nc&_pgn=2&_ipg=48

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Wazoo fat bike review (pic-free due to phone death :-(’ is closed to new replies.