Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Volvo XC70 – owner experiences…?
  • siwhite
    Free Member

So, a car change looms. I own a new-ish Land Rover Defender, which is a great car in principle but is slow, noisy, thirsty and surprisingly small inside.

I’d like to retain 4WD, taller driving position and some towing capacity, along with a mahoosive boot.

Has anyone owned a Volvo XC70 – either pre- or post-2007 facelift. I’ve driven a V70 D5 at work and loved it, but have never experienced running or servicing costs.

Twodogs

I’m on my second one….kept the first for 6 years, current one is 4 years old. I like it…loads of space, comfortable for long motorway trips. I’d say the servicing can get expensive as they get older….but I suspect that’s true on any modern car of that size and complexity.

Davesport

Mrs Davesport’s running one. Bought new, now just over three years old. The D5 has plenty of power for towing most things and the 4wd system seems to work as advertised. The handling gets a wee bit loose if you’re into spirited driving. Ordinarily it’s a very planted secure feeling drive, only rapid changes of direction upsetting it.

In 50 K it’s used a complete set of tyres & is almost through it’s 2nd set. It wears the fronts much faster than the rears so it’s worth rotating them. It needed new pads & discs at just over three years old. The discs were still within tolerance but wouldn’t have outlived a new set of pads. The exhaust gas recirculation cooling valve started getting noisy & that cost a couple of hundred to replace. Volvo paid 20 %

We’d definitely have another one.

D.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Volvo XC70 – owner experiences…?’ is closed to new replies.