Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Volvo V70 SE D3 – 65k on the clock…
  • Mintyjim

and £12.5k with FSH from a dealer (nothing private!).

All the toys except satnav but everything else is there!

Ignoring other options (Superb etc.) does that sound ok?

No experience of these but very interested.

Any experiences out there?

Would be a keeper for 3 years or so..

Cheers

Rockape63
    Free Member

yeah why not….if its what you want? You’re paying more than you could pay, but have peace of mind on history and reliability so go for it.

Having said that, say you’ve seen one with the same spec £800 cheaper so what can they do??

hora
    Free Member

I’d love one of these. Not sure I’d pay THAT much though. How many miles a year do you drive?

Wozza
    Free Member

We have a V70 2.0d R Design 58 plate. It’s brilliant. Got it at 89,000 about a year ago for around £9,000 ex lease. It’s now on 125,000 without so much of a rattle, never has any trouble. Servicing is about £200 at the dealer. Took 4 of us, 4 full sussers inside and a roof box down to the alps in July in total comfort. The only downside is it’s a big car for 2.0l but that’s only really a minor irritant in Hebden bridge with its vertical roads.

It’s good looking, it’s comfy, it’s huge and safe as possible. The best review I read on them was:

Everyone loves it, nobody tries to steal it

Get it.

Mintyjim

I’ll be doing 25k pa starting next year.

I agree it’s priced quite high but there’s nothing private and all dealers are around that level taking into consideration mileage / spec etc.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Brother-in-law used to work for a coach company that used a fleet of V70s for airport shuttles.
    They were the D5s I think but they did some intergalactic milage without any adverse effects. At one point, I was considering buying one of theirs with 290,000 on the clock.

DaveP

Friend has cross country d5 since new. It has been really reliable for over 130k miles. He loves it.

Coyote
    Free Member

GRC valve and fuel filters are common issues with Volvos but most other stuff is pretty good.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

V70 = Two DH bikes in with wheels on and two people or four dismantled with a weekends worth of kit and four people. What more do you need. I loved mine. Rip V70 T5 🙁

Mintyjim

Weeeeeeell, I only gone done it.

Chopped in the 335d (very, very hard to do) for a good P/X price.

The V70 is a 2011 model year and very nice inside, much nicer environment than the Beamer it must be said and the D3 engine was great, no where near as torquey of course but compared to most normal cars it’s fine.

Felt very comfy and the space will be amazing and useful given upcoming house renovation project, bikes, dogging etc.

Cheers for the feedback, hopefully no more car relations q’s for at least two years…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V70 SE D3 – 65k on the clock…’ is closed to new replies.