Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Volvo V50 DRIVe Stop/Start
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Strongly considering on of these as a company car. I am not a piston head, I just want a car that will get me from A to B in a reasonable amount of comfort.

Anyone any experience of these?

Cheers

iainc

looked at one as a Company Car in March tis yr – not great reviews so went for BMW Tourer instead – cheaper tax too

Coyote
    Free Member

Cheaper tax? You sure?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I really like the look of them and the dash is cool but not sure if they handle that well.
    Tempting I’d say.

iainc

Coyote – No, it was the D4 I was looking at, sorry.

gamo
    Free Member

Ive got one and really like it, had a 170bhp tdi passat estate before it so less pokey than i was used to but a really nice car to drive it handles really well and very comfy! Cheap to run.

ianpinder
    Free Member

The bmw emit so little co2 they are cheap as a company car.

failedengineer

I had a test drive in a 2 litre diesel one, drove really nicely (It’s a Focus underneath isn’t it?), nice inside. However, I got a 3 series tourer instead, for tax reasons. I’d consider one again next time though, mainly because it’s not a BMW, VW or Audi.

-m-
    Free Member

Reviews say that the V50 isn’t quite as good to drive as the Focus, but I’ve never done a direct comparison (however, it doesn’t sound like this is your major criteria). Somehow Volvo managed to lose quite a lot of boot space somewhere, but overall it’s a pretty good package – although I’ve only driven the 2.0D versions.

djglover
    Free Member

I had the 2.0D as a company car 3 years ago. handled well, BRILLIANT stereo, agricultural engine and gearbox. Pretty good really, but prefer the octavia I have now

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V50 DRIVe Stop/Start’ is closed to new replies.