Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Vodafone – Idiots
  • franksinatra

Phoned up Vodafone earlier to complain about not able to get any data on my phone. After usual fannying about trying to get through automated systems and actually speak to a real person they checked and confirmed that there is not a problem with my phone, just terrible data coverage in my area.

Their solution? Well they don’t have one. But they did send me a text to say that they have turned off my internet restrictions so I can now access ‘adult content’ sites (via my non existent data connection.)

Yeah, great. Thanks for that. 🙄

stumpy01

Can’t argue with you there. Nothing but trouble when I was with them.

sadmadalan

Have been with Vodafone for many years – and it seems to be getting worse not better. Data coverage is very patchy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yak

Going the other way. EE seem worse here than before so no option other than to go to Vodafone.

cranberry
    Free Member

Is the location where you live/work ? Have Vodafone claimed that a signal was possible there ?

If so, call them up and get them to give you a Sure Signal box – it’ll work off a broadband connection and give anyone* with a Vodafone UK sim decent 3G.

* You need to set up their phone numbers on the box

Wozza
    Free Member

I’m happy to read this since it gives me confidence that my phone is ok… it doesn’t help the fact that my data is rubbish.

Do you have the full bars 3g symbol and it still doesn’t download anything?

brassneck

Vodafone best option for me still. EE/O2/Orange hopeless even for voice around here.. but I rarely have to speak to CS so I wouldn’t notice the problems 🙂

franksinatra

I went from EE/Orange to Vodafone

When I had signal, EE was great with really speedy data. The problem was that I couldn’t get a signal in my house, couldn’t even send a text unless I leant out or a certain window.

With Vodafone I get a pretty steady signal and can make/receive calls in my house, I just never get any usable data when out and about. I get a G / E / H icon occasionally but it doesn’t really make a difference. I’m not fussed about a 3G signal, would just be content to be able to send an occasional email or photo.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I have just moved from EE to vodafone, my data coverage is now awful. EE were brilliant and I can’t wait until my contract is up so I can move back.

br
    Free Member

But FS you do live in a reception-poor area, even Radio 2 struggles. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Left Vodafone last year after years as their 3g data service was disintegrating. Never seemed to invest in coverage or bandwidth. Now with O2 which while not perfect is an improvement. Also their tugo app actually works turning the mobile into a ip phone over wifi for when network coverage is crap.

badnewz
    Free Member

Vodafone’s 3g service is definitely getting worse. But be careful who you transfer to – EE is pretty terrible, for example.

bigad40
    Free Member

I have struggled with Vodafone but in there defence they have often refunded some money.
    Think I’ve had 2-3 refunds over the last few years.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone – Idiots’ is closed to new replies.