Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Vodafone Broadband and 3rd Party Router
  • Premier Icon P20

We’ve just changed to Vodafone for fibre broadband, but I can’t get our existing router working. The default Vodafone one works, but I can’t get the settings to work with out Netgear R7000p. I would prefer to use the Netgear as its a better piece of kit and the range is superb. I’ve only plugged the Vodafone in out of desperation! The Netgear has worked fine with Plusnet and John Lewis (same supplier I know), but I can’t get this working. Help!!

Premier Icon woody2000

You need to ask Vodafone for the connection settings (username/password etc) then you can plug them into your old router. Alternatively, you could let the voda box do the connecting to the web then set up the Netgear as a WiFi ap.

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

Vodafone will give you the details if you ask. Think I got them by Live Chat.

Premier Icon P20

I’ve got the user name and password from the online chat, but it still isn’t working.

Premier Icon woody2000

Hang on, that Netgear box is just a router, no modem. What’s doing the connection to the internet?

Premier Icon simon_g

No problems using an old Openreach modem and an Edgerouter here. Default PPPoE config on router and put in the account details that you can get from Vodafone support.

Premier Icon P20

It uses the BT fibre box then the router. The fibre box has always been there and it’s used with either the netgear or the Vodafone

Premier Icon P20

Rang them and got it sorted. Part of the passcode was I not l. Capital i not lowercase L!!! Works fine now

Premier Icon freddiest

Thinking of buying a router to replace my Vodafone one. Can someone recommend something to buy please? I’m not really up to speed but can work most things out so I should be able to set one up.
    Don’t want to spend a fortune but want a decent, reliable upgrade

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a router to replace my Vodafone one. Can someone recommend something to buy please?

What’s the issue with the Vodafone one? I’ve just switched to Vodafone and the router seems fine to me. I do live in a small modern house though so it’s not a taxing environment (apart from the 13 other wifi networks in range I suppose!).

Premier Icon freddiest

I’m no expert but buffering when streaming tv, generally slow when browsing on all devices and dropping out regularly. I’ve tried adjusting settings as per advice from VF.
    Found a few threads stating that the VF router is poor so thought I’d give it a try.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.