Vive La France! – my Taiwanese-Takeaway is complete (Yeti SB-66 content)

Home Forum Bike Forum Vive La France! – my Taiwanese-Takeaway is complete (Yeti SB-66 content)

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Vive La France! – my Taiwanese-Takeaway is complete (Yeti SB-66 content)
  • campfreddie

Finally…. all finished.

It took so long, I actually built another bike whilst I was waiting (a Salsa Mamasita 29er fully rigid 1×10…. more of that later).

Anyways… Spec as follows:-

2013/14 SB66 frame – size large
    Fox Kashima CTDa shock
    Hope inset headset
    Salsa Fliplock seat collar
    Easton Haven 55mm stem
    Easton Haven Carbon low rise bars
    Superstar lock-ons
    Rockshox Reverb 100mm dropper post (rh remote, running lh)
    WTB Silverado ti-rail saddle
    Wellgo B-185 flat pedals
    Rockshox Pike 150mm forks
    M780 crankset with BB
    RF narrow/wide 30t ring
    M780 ispec B rear shifter
    M780 11-36 cassette
    Sram chain
    Zee FR rear mech
    M780 hydraulic discs (ispec B)
    Hope Saw Floating Rotors – 203/180mm
    Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs (40t rear hub)
    Stans Arch EX rims
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35″ trailstar front tyre (tubeless)
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25″ Pacestar rear tyre (tubeless)

First impressions… It’s very looooong (which I love) and very slack (amplified by the short stem). It weighs a ton but seems to rocket up any inclines.

Lots of work to do in regards to tuning the suspension, but I finally have the bike that I want for Welsh trail-centre adventures and a trip to the Alps later this year.

I love it!

andymc06

Very smart. Should be awesome!

shermer75

Great colour choice! Love it

twang

That is very, very nice. What’s it weigh?

campfreddie

I haven’t weighed it yet, but as it’s mostly the same kit taken over from my FTM Carbon which came in at under 25lbs with smaller rotors, Fox 32’s and a silly-light carbon frame, I reckon this must be around 30lbs.

I have a XC 29er (see my other post) for flat stuff, so this baby will only come out to play on the occasional foray to the hills.

I forgot to mention, it also has the 142×12 chipset and axle…. No point not really is there?!

b45her

awesome bikes, heres mine 😀

Premier Icon ChrisI
    Subscriber

Very nice sir 8)

I reckon you wont be far off 30lbs. My 66c weighs in at 28lbs with similar specs. They do seem to climb like a far lighter bike and descending is incredible. Cant wait to get mine out to the Alps later this year with White Rooms 😀

campfreddie

You even got the matching 661 helmet to go with the yeti turquoise… I’m sorely tempted!

Can’t say I’ll ride mine quite as well as you ride yours, but at least it will look bloody cool strapped to the back of my VW T5 on the M4. Lol

Premier Icon ChrisI
    Subscriber

If we’re going to do flying 66’s then heres mine 😀

gogg

Sweet….

Premier Icon Pridds
    Subscriber

Chrisl where is that? looks fun.

Looks like the jump gulley in Swinley – it is fun!

Nice bike campfreddie! Eight of us were just got back from two days in Wales, one on an SB66c, one on an SB66. At BPW there were a lot more of them about – I had to remind our SB66c owner that they’re not common, they’re just popular! 😉 Almost bought one myself actually…

Looks like the old swinley jump gulley?

Looks nice any deals around on a sb66 carbon? Is the yellow one a alloy one?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I would have said that anyone buying anything but a turquoise yeti was a bit wrong in the head, but it turns out I was wrong, lovely.

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

at least it will look bloody cool strapped to the back of my VW T5 on the M4

sums up modern day mince tank trail centre mountain biking really!

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

You could always get the next size up – sb-95

A smidge over 25lbs with the Reynolds in..

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

It needs scapes dints rub and mud, but other than that it is very nice.

Premier Icon wiggles
    Subscriber

Looks awesome, will be a great addition to my spot the bikes game on the M4

Premier Icon ChrisI
    Subscriber

Pridds, as the guys say, its Jump Gulley @ Swinley.

I have a T5 too, converted the van ourselves to a camper, guess I’m an MTB micer as well 😳

Premier Icon justinbieber
    Subscriber

That looks sweet. The SB66 is long – I’m just over 6ft and on a large, and climbing with such a slack head angle can be interesting sometimes. Descending it comes into it’s own though, so I’m willing to put up with it.

And yeah, it is heavy too – I’m running 2×10 and I reckon mine is somewhere around 32lb. Would have loved to get the carbon version, but my frame was a steal so I couldn’t say no!

MoseyMTB

I thought I had everything for my build but I need more outer.

Can’t wait to give it a spin.

campfreddie

Looking very stealthy there mosey

MoseyMTB

Yeah I feel it needs a blast of colour somewhere.

MoseyMTB

What headset did you use?

I’ve got a hope top cup 2 and whilst it fits it doesn’t cover the whole headtube. There is a ring of silver if that makes sense.

Premier Icon Normal Man
    Subscriber

As I’ve said before, I have a soft spot for Yeti, so that looks great.

In fact so do the others on this thread.

campfreddie

@Mosey

i have the same ring of silver…

Houns

That needs less colour. Get rid of the rim stickers and colour in the maxxis logos with a black pen

sbibby1988

Anyone know how these compare to the commencal meta am? Anyone ridden both. Looking at you mosey mtb!

twohats

That needs less colour. Get rid of the rim stickers and colour in the maxxis logos with a black pen

Was about to post the same, though just removing the rim stickers will make it look less fussy.
    Nice bike BTW!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Vive La France! – my Taiwanese-Takeaway is complete (Yeti SB-66 content)’ is closed to new replies.