Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vitus Sommet CRS 2019
  • fazzini

Are there any Vitus Sommet owners out there?? I’m looking for real world experience of the Sommet as its in the list of possibles for a new bike…been a while…I’m still on a Stumpy FSR Elite from 2011!!! (Its not broken; its in unbelievable condition; I really don’t need to replace it; but I really really want to!!!!)

There is, what looks like, an amazing deal on a 2019 model via bike24.de but I’m hesitant due to not being able to see/sit on/try the bike first.

Thanks STWers

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2015 frame with pikes, and a 2020 E-sommet. I absolutely adore the standard version – it is joyful. For the money they are hard to look past.

There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with the E-sommet either – I’m just not quite used to the motor bit yet.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i’ve got a 2018 one (vrs) pedals amazingly well for the travel and flies downhill, makes a great all rounder. It’s an easy bike to get used to, and remains fun even on tame trails. They ship with rubbishy bearings as standard though, worth upgrading to MAX type with more bearings when the existing ones wear out.

fazzini

@16stonepig @HoratioHufnagel

What’s the sizing on them like? Im 5’10 and with prev 2 bikes I’ve been right on the crossover point of the manufacturers recommended size so ended up going up in size.

Thanks

nuke

They ship with rubbishy bearings as standard though, worth upgrading to MAX type with more bearings when the existing ones wear out.

This is so true. Me & two riding mates all have the 2018 Sommet CRX …the swingarm bearings on oldest/hardest ridden Sommet did collapse; it wasnt fatal to the frame but we’ve all either repacked the original bearings or replaced with max.

Other than that, spot on bikes with some top notch components for the money particularly if with a decent discount. If the frame survives a couple of seasons with trips away, it won’t owe us anything… hopefully they will last longer though!

h4muf
    Free Member

2017 Sommet Vrx here,I’m 5/11 on a XL and it’s perfect.
    Bit heavy to pick up but doesn’t show whilst riding.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

5 11 on 2018 large here, same length as 2017 xl I think. You’ll be fine on a medium or large.

fazzini

Cheers STWers… Mrs Fazzini is not going to be happy with me soon… 🤣

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and have one medium (old version) and one large (new). I can make either work, but I’m used to shorter bikes. Now I’ve tried the large, the medium does feel a tiny bit cramped.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Sommet CRS 2019’ is closed to new replies.