Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Vitus Full Suspension
  • linchpin
    Free Member

Im thinking about one of these. Vitus Escarpe with a Fox34, dropper and full XT for under £2k. Opinions? Does anyone have one so they can recommend what they own? 😆

transition1
    Free Member

I have the Sommet Pro so 155mm rear travel, bought frame only & custom built, great bike very capable but looking to sell mine as main bike is my Smuggler

andy4d

I nearly bought an escarpe vrx at the start of the year but the brexit price increase ruled that out and i bought a cube in the sales instead. BUT i loved my time spent on the demo vrx (previous years model with manitou fork), put a huge smile on my face so it did.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

my mate bought a Escarpe VRX a few weeks ago and he loves it. Climbs well and does the business going down. Looks good and great spec for the money.

nairnster
    Free Member

I love mine. Frame bought second hand and built up with parts from my hardtail.

Running it 150mm front with the 135mm rear travel. The rear is nicely progressive and the suspension feels like more travel than it is.

linchpin
    Free Member

That’s all positive then. Is that the biggest bottle you can use Nairnster?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Their EWS team take 3 rear triangles to each race, just to get through. Nuff said.

nairnster
    Free Member

A Bigger bottle would fit.

That’s one of those Specialized Keg things which has multi tool, zipties, first aid kit, tyre levers, chain links, puncture kit, and a couple of energy gels in it.

linchpin
    Free Member

Do they have sales ever? I know I can get a BC discount but is there any other engle I should be aware of, like next year’s model coming out etc?

eltonerino
    Free Member

Their EWS team take 3 rear triangles to each race, just to get through. Nuff said

I know a guy who cracked his rear triangle, and he knows a guy who snapped his rear triangle. Both had them replaced though. Maybe it was a bad year?

The bikes ride fine and the crack didn’t seem to put him off it.

h4muf
    Free Member

IMG_20170701_124151116 by lee murfinFlickr2BBcode LITE

Love my Sommet VRX,160mm pikes, Debonair etc,rides amazing and climbs loads better than my old Bandit.

linchpin
    Free Member

Any idea why they broke? I mean were these kids hitting the big stuff? I’ve never snapped a frame, even pre-suspension. Just can’t see myself landing that hard.

lewis75
    Free Member

I’ve got the VRX 29er and love it, huge grins all round and amazing value for money. I really can’t fault it.
    I’m fairly sure the Vitus EWS team won’t be the only team in the pits with spare frames in their van either.

linchpin
    Free Member

How tall are you Lewis? I’m 6ft and not sure if I’d prefer a 27.5 or 29.

lewis75
    Free Member

6’1 and a half(I’m told the half inches are important) and on an XL.
    Feels long and roomy but not like I’m riding a gate. Ridden everything from long XC days to double black uplift days.

dhrider
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Their EWS team take 3 rear triangles to each race, just to get through. Nuff said.

Who rides for the Vitus EWS team?

To the best of my knowledge there is no Vitus EWS team.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

IIRC the riders name is Killian, canny remember his surname. Info came for a very good mate who’s a mech on a well known team, and he’s not one to mince his words, or make shit up.

dhrider
    Free Member

Killian Callaghan….. used to ride for Vitus last year but rides for Santa Cruz now.

There is no Vitus EWS team this year. I’d say most teams have a supply of frames at races with them, certainly wouldn’t put me off buying one.

linchpin
    Free Member

Well that did it. Extra 10% off Vitus bikes this week. Happy with that timing! Ordered the Escarpe VRX 27.5. Total cost 1700 quid delivered. Hope it turns up quicker than my Canyon.

andy4d

Lovely choice 😀 happy New bike day to you.

coomber
    Free Member

Linchpin that is a great deal.

Should arrive in an absolutely huge box so no assembly required apart from bar fitting.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Full Suspension’ is closed to new replies.