Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Vitus Bikes 2018 Geometry??
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a more capable bike on the downhills and the 2018 Vitus Sommet has come up. However, can I find a geometry chart? Can I heck. Emailed them, tweeted them. Nothing. Tried CRC too, but we all know what they’re like at the moment. Grrr. Anyone seen or know anything? The 2017 versions were too short in reach and the blurb says it’s been increased in the 2018 range. But. To. What.

ta11pau1

The Vitus website hasn’t been updated yet, some of the 2018 bikes have only just gone on the CRC website in the last few days. Once the website has been updated with the ’18 models it’ll have all the stats.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Seems a funny way of launching a range. Going to buy something else anyway!

tomaso
    Free Member

Virus have their own website, details should be on there.
    vitus linky

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Nothing from the 2018 range on there. They boast new geometry for the 2018 range, but give no details at to what that actually is!

dlr

I emailed nukeproof and had no reply either (presumably same lot behind the scenes).

legend
    Free Member

Tried CRC too, but we all know what they’re like at the moment.

I’ve been speaking to them recently about Vitus, emails answered in around a day and instant chat working fine

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Yep, don’t hold your breath!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

@legend. Emails and tweets were fruitless. Tried the chat today and got the answer above.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

You think buying one is hard ………wait till you have a problem…………….nothing …………….

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Well avoided then?

dlr

I had a 2016 Sommet. Reverb and shimano brakes died as usual but crc just swapped them out via normal returns process. The frame was fine, just needed shock bushes in 1100 miles, sold it as wasn’t riding it. Currently thinking of a 2018 Escarpe, last years geo figures suit me but I might wait to see if changed…

blitz

The bikes are good. I had one of the early full Sussers, the Vitus Blitz. I’ve still got it as a back-up / pub-bike. Only needed consumables replaced in 5 years.

Just seems that CRCs customer service is suffering at the moment with the wiggle merger. You’d hope it would settle down but who knows.

dlr

Ashy, now has 2018 geo if you click the link on a crc page

Kryton57

Ashy – Member
    Well avoided then?

When i thought i had an issue with my Vitus i recieved excellent customer service from crc, including colletiom, inspection and return.

legend
    Free Member

Big-Bud – Member
    You think buying one is hard ………wait till you have a problem…………….nothing …………..

Gift voucher as an apology and paying the lbs bill was fine for me

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Thanks, seen the geometry. Still a bit short so I think I’m going to look elsewhere, shame as they look great value

coomber
    Free Member

Out if interest what do you think is short Ashy? The xl has a 490 reach. Or is it a smaller size? Large is 470

ta11pau1

Can’t for the life of me see the geometry link on any of the sommet or Escarpe product pages on CRC, anyone care to post the link?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

It’s under the size chart section. The size large Sommet is ideal lengthwise but way too tall in the seattube for me. Looking at a Radon Swoop as my other option, as I want something significantly lower and longer than my Trigger.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I think the medium swoop is about 460mm reach, I’d ideally go for the large which is 470mm, but my legs aren’t long enough! The Sommet wheelbase is barely any more than my Trigger and significantly less than the swoop.

coomber
    Free Member

Click the size guide on right hand side chap.

Fair enough I’m lanky so looking only at xl. Long is good

ta11pau1

Ahh, cheers – last time I looked at the size chart it still had the 2017 figures.

So they’ve gone a degree slacker and 25mm longer on the XL Escarpe 29er VRX, I’m 6ft 3 with an ape index of +7cm (190cm tall in bare feet, 197 arm span) so the XL should do me just fine :mrgreen:

coomber
    Free Member

I had the 2017 and an inch shorter. Fitted great but would have preferred longer.

dskelly81
    Free Member

I think the sizing looks great for the 2018 Sommet. V similar to the 2018 275 MEGA. Bird Aeris 145 another contender for me but even it can’t match the value.

Interestingly, the alloy version half a degree slacker on the HA & 5/6 mm longer wheel base.

Top alloy about a grand cheaper than top carbon. Extra 1K not worth it IMO just to save 500g. You still get a dinner plate climbing gear with either

dskelly81
    Free Member

After a bit of digging, it turns out that after deciding on a 65 rather than 65.5 HA, Vitus couldn’t get their carbon moulds modified in time for release date. However, the alloy ones got altered, thus creating the longer wheelbase too.

Bought a VRS model & she’s a cracker BTW

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Bikes 2018 Geometry??’ is closed to new replies.