Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • vittora rubino road tyres
  • mav12
    Free Member

Anyone used these looking for some puncture protection tyres at a budget price or any others i could look at in the £12ish price range

brooess
    Free Member

Don’t know if they’re the best for puncture protection but I really rate mine for grip and rolling resistance.
    The fact they go up to 145psi helps the rolling resistance and I guess will help keep punctures down too…

vdubber67
    Free Member

Got a pair on my fixed road bike for winter. Think they were 7 quid when I go them. Basic, cheap tyre. No puncture issues here. Schwalbe Luganos are good budget ones too.

brakes
    Free Member

I got some for about a tenner each for commuting on – puncture resistance is good but they give you no confidence in the wet, they’re uncomfortable and they wear really square which makes grip and comfort even worse.
    There are different types of the Rubino tyre though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have the cheap light ones – awful in wet, cut up real bad ! No punctures as yet but mines are mostly superglue now i think

brooess
    Free Member

mine are Rubino Pro btw, not the cheap ones

zangolin
    Free Member

That is often the difference with cheap road tyres – fine in the dry put not so good in the wet. Better to spend more cash and get a better quality tyre than end up sliding down the road when it rains or a even a visit to hospital.

Top end Vittorias (CXs)are excellent but wear fast – Conti GP4000S are the ones (Lots more money though!) they stand up well to the gritty and muddy winter roads of Herefordshire ok.

As for 145psi mentioned above by brooess – it’s that old wives tale about high pressure reducing rolling resistance on the road. OK on a smooth wooden velodrome but not on the road. Between 95 – 105psi will see you right on the road.

flip
    Free Member

^^^

Dem right there ain’t no grip 😥

meehaja
    Free Member

had mine 3-4 years. Never punctured, hundreds of miles, fine and dandy. Bit squirly in the wet, but then most tyres are!

finbar
    Free Member

I actually love cheap Rubinos and Zaffiros. I must have been through about three sets over the past couple of years.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Rubino Pros are dangerous in the wet. The compound is too hard. Mine are in the bin. In fact they were so bad its affected my confidence somewhat no matter what tyres I use now. I tried various pressures to get more grip out of them but gave up.

rickon
    Free Member

I used Rubino Pro IIs for about 6 months in all conditions on the training bike, must have clocked a lot of miles – 3 training rides a week, not a single puncture. They seemed to take leans in the wet well, and were grippy in the dry.

Pretty supple, and come in different colours to match your hoods… not that that matters to me at all 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Pretty good tyres. Been using them since the snows of last year. Been excellent in all condtions.
    Not a race tyre, but a good trainer.
    One puncture whilst riding the Hell of the North
    Rubino Pro 3’s

mav12
    Free Member

thanks for the input guys

windjammer
    Free Member

have a look at scwalbe city jet tyres

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘vittora rubino road tyres’ is closed to new replies.