Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Virgon Media Customer Services wait time
  • Cletus

I have been holding to talk to them for 25 minutes.
    Anyone able to tell me how much longer I am likely to wait?

FuzzyWuzzy

Usually has been 10-30 minutes for me but then also usually get transferred to someone that can’t help, they apologise and try and transfer me elsewhere and the call drops.

maccruiskeen

How much longer? Lightyears

RustySpanner

Contact your local shop and ask them for the current ‘proper’ number.

Cletus

Thanks – I am trying to talk to them about speed issues. Currently I only get around 30 Mbps despite paying for 200 Mbps. The samknows broadband checker says that the max speed available via Virgin is 50 Mbps so 30 Mbps is not too bad for that I guess. I am just trying to get them to confirm what speed I can get and, if it is only 50 Mbps, change my bill.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Usually has been 10-30 minutes for me but then also usually get transferred to someone that can’t help, they apologise and try and transfer me elsewhere and the call drops.

Every single time..

There has never been a company in the history of mankind with worse customer service than virgin. Absolute clowns.

Cletus

I currently have my Virgin hub set up as a modem and use a third party router. It is supposedly a decent one (Cisco) with Gigibit interfaces – would this effect the speed significantly?

wwaswas

I currently have my Virgin hub set up as a modem and use a third party router. It is supposedly a decent one (Cisco) with Gigibit interfaces – would this effect the speed significantly?

Plug a device directly into the Virgin hub using a cable (and have it as the only device connected wired or wireless) and do a speedtest. Repeat 3 or 4 times over the course of a day/week. You’ll get the raw max speed then.

I get 230Mbit/s download with Virgin but only 20 up – there’s some sort of limit in their older infrastructure on how many circuits are available for uploading so until they upgrade our local on street box we’re stuck with 20.

FuzzyWuzzy

Worth doing a speedtest as wwaswas describes (btw use fast.com, much better than speedtest.net) but I struggle to see, unless there’s a fault with the Cisco router, that it could cause a speed drop. Maybe if it had an MTU set over 1500 and was triggering fragmentation but that’s almost certainly not the case here.

Interesting the checker shows a max 50Mbps for Virgin in your area, I guess must be on really old infrastructure or Virgin are throttling speeds due to congestion in your area (no clue if they do this…)

bensales
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust the info from SamKnows. It’s also saying 50mbs via Virgin Cable for my address and I have a rock solid 214mbs currently on Virgin’s 200 package.

I’d echo the above advice for testing by direct connection into the Virgin router. I upgraded from 100 to 200 recently but even after the upgrade kept getting 100. After checking all my cable were Cat 6, my switch was Gigabit, I eventually traced it to the QoS settings on my wireless router. Like you, I’m using the Virgin one purely as a modem. I’d set my QoS to prioritise web and streaming over gaming and downloads to prevent my kids killing the connection, looks like it was capping individual data types at 100mbs in order to provide room for others.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Virgon Media Customer Services wait time’ is closed to new replies.