Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Virgin V+ Vs. Sky +
  • robbo1234biking

Ok so I am moving home and currently have Sky but it appears that Sky have no interest in keeping my custom as I have been waiting a week for someone to ring me to discuss my move and dispite numerous phone calls to chase them up I still haven’t heard anything.

So I have been looking at the Virgin media packages and they seem wuite good.

How does the V+ service compare to Sky +?

funkynick

The Sky+ interface is generally thought of as better, but the V+ box has an extra tuner, so you can record 2 things at once while watching something else.

On top of that, you get a pretty good on demand service with Virgin, which is not available on Sky, and it includes full access to the BBC iPlayer.

cp

i’ve not experience of sky at all, and only the basic virgin service (not the +), but have to say that Virgin is very good for on demand and the iplayer stuff 🙂

virgin broadband has also been very good for me, and if you need it, you can also get a cheap mobile contract thrown in too 🙂

takisawa2

We only have basic Virgin TV I’m afraid but have to echo the previous posts & say that the BBC iPlayer is spot, on as is the rest of the catch up TV they offer. We have 10mb Broadband also, & its never let me down in 10 years, same for the phone.

IHN

Virgin gets a thumbs up from me

rj
    Free Member

I’ve had both and found the customer service from Sky to be a bit average, but miles better than Virgin. Virgin appeared to be actively trying to lose my business, then when I did switch they offered me more channels for the same money which rather begged the question why had I been paying over the odds all that time. And don’t even get me started on the whole trying to return the box debacle. Whichever way you go, you’ll never watch 95% of the channnels anyway.

waihiboy
    Free Member

We have Sky + only had it about a year and cannot believe we didn’t get it before, its so simple to series link and record, customer service has been top notch when we have had to call, we got our broadband and phone with them and saved loads.

My mate has Virgin and the interface is not as good as sky and its slower and he is constantly having to re-boot, but he might have a crap connection.

Whichever way you go, you’ll never watch 95% of the channnels anyway.

I have to agree 100% with that!

jfeb
    Free Member

Virgin + recorder is larger capacity (or was when I got mine a year ago). On Demand is awesome. If you want Sky Sports it is cheaper to get SKY, although you can add it on to Virgin + too. Virgin + has only 1 HD channel (BBC HD). Virgin Broadband is generally better (speed and customer service) than SKY.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Virgin V+ Vs. Sky +’ is closed to new replies.