Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Virgin or Sky HD? (sorry)
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Have been offered a good deal to go back to sky tv but wouldnt be supprised if virgin offer to match it. It’s tv ( Inc Hd) only as I’ll be keeping phone and broadband with virgin no matter what.
    So if the price is the same, who should I have my tv with – is the picture hd or standard or even the box any better on one instead of the other?
    I’ve searched some tech forums but tbh I have no idea what some of them are on about!
    Any advice or experiences appreciated.

funkynick

Freeview and a hard drive recorder as another option? Or FreeSat HD if you already have a dish.

But of the two I’d stick with Virgin purely because I don’t want to give any more money to Murdoch than I have to…

5lab

virgin are doing a tivo box now – it looks to offer more than the traditional V+ offering.

I’ve got V+ with full HD. The menus look gash (no idea why) but everything else is nice. HD on demand doesn’t tend to work in the evenings.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Know what you mean sbout hd on demand in the evenings and yeh their menus are poor. Didn’t know sbout TiVo – what’s that?
    The way I seem to see it is that getting shot of virgin means I’ll loose the on demand thing and the ability to record 3 things at once but having sky would give me more HD and the red button function. Don’t know if there’s much else in it.

5lab

http://tivo.virginmedia.com/

i found virgin had more hd channels than I was expecting – nearly 20 now. I don’t think there’s much in it personally

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Virgin+ box does do a good job of making SD (should be LD) look half-decent.

TIVO will probably cost more – but it does have a decent hard-disk size, whereas the Virgin+ HD size is pathetically small.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Virgin or Sky HD? (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.