Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Virgin Media – dire streaming?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Does anyone else have issues with virgin media broadband (adsl not cable) and streaming content like 4od… it absolutely hates 4od on my connection.. maybe every 2 minutes it rebuffers… similar on bbc but not as bad. I know the lines good as Zen had faultless internet.. grr

cp

4od seems crap no matter what the isp IMO!

alexxx
    Free Member

True its certainly more flaky than the other OD sites.. I just want to watch Grand Designs!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What is your speed? BBC has a line test which you can run to see what streaming speeds you get. Also try some of the other testers.

project
    Free Member

I just want to watch Grand Designs!

The one about the water tower in the hospital grounds, great programe, you just wonder WHY, they wasted so much cash on a bland interior.

alexxx
    Free Member

it was a solid 8mb with zen with virgin it floats between 5 and 3mb… It’s at my mums house and I’m back off to France tomorrow but its bloody frustrating!

Yep the water tower one – looks cracking – and now I have a sad face from your interior comment dammit… just about to get to that bit

tomd
    Free Member

I’m on Virgin for internet. Live in centre of big city, suerfast fibre optic broadband my ass. It struggles with streaming.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I have virgin broadband. We can stream three different thing at one throughout the house. Havent tried more than that.

alexxx
    Free Member

I had them at uni (the cable package) years ago and it was shocking but I put that down to being in a student area… I can’t imagine more than 30 people on the exchange at this spot and I can bet only a few of those are on at any one time… makes you wonder how they can setup such a shit service

project
    Free Member

alexx, some fantastic engineering work, lots of skilled builders etc, and good continuity.

The interior is a lot better than at the begining 🙂

alexxx
    Free Member

Ooo into the last 10 minutes now! such a huge place – love it – I wonder why they didn’t separate the bottom half and sell it to recoup some costs. Seems he’s done pretty well developing considering he looked pretty poor at putting a sofa together.

Not seen the interior yet – but not holding out now 😀

IanW
    Free Member

Been with virgin media 12 yrs, tried to get through tonight after several over attempts thwarted by hidden numbers and conveluted ivrs.

Told by tech nothing they could do, will complain in writing and claim back costs/ charges.

Very disappointed.

Ps there Twitter is lit up with complaints.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Virgin Media – dire streaming?’ is closed to new replies.