Virgin Broadband – how to negotiate the best deal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Virgin Broadband – how to negotiate the best deal
  • Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

I was previously on Virgin Broadband, telephone and tv, so the cable is in the house already.

Now all I want is the Broadband and don’t want the phone line rental or tv package.

How can I reduce my monthly costs? What length of contract should I get?

I don’t want those barstewards to get too much of my money again (but options with other providers are very limited).

Jamie

(but options with other providers are very limited).

If they know this, and they probably will, you don’t have much leverage, which is the usual way of getting a better deal; i.e give me X or I’m off to SKY/BT etc.

dr_adams

we just had a chat with them about our price plan, when you first go through you tend to get the call centre abroad, we keep saying we wanted to leave and came back through to a lass in wales. She instantly offered way more of a deal then the nice people from abroad and so i asked why they didn’t offer these deals and save me hassle and she said they don’t have the remit to do so, so make sure you go all the way through the system. have a nose what other people do, even if you don’t specifically want what other people do, we don’t need 20mb internet but wanted more than the 2mb elsewhere and so we downplayed the speed as it wasn’t a big thing for us and we ended up saving a few £££

Bimbler

Not sure how much of a “deal” you’ll get without taking a phone line.

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

Well i was thinking we could save money by some of the following:
    – only taking broadband, not phone line or tV
    – taking an 18month contract and paying it upfront over 12 months
    – because I had it before, the line is installed, so therefore I don’t need the installation fee and they should take that off

I sorted out a deal for myself today but I am an existing customer. I threatened to leave and they gave me 30mb Broadband @ £22.50 first 3 months were £17.50 – 12 month contract.

Having browsed their website, it should be able to get the same deal but they want to charge you £50 installation. Tell them you have a line already installed and that they are only sending a tech to setup the router and you feel the £50 installation is out of line.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Virgin Broadband – how to negotiate the best deal’ is closed to new replies.