Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • violence
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

It was roger!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

RudeBoy is just a shouty little bloke. I’ve seem him in action….

He could make a nasty mess of my knees, mind….

😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sponge; I spose it’s because i won’t meekly back down, and give as good as I get, that may have escalated situations in the past. I’ve identified that many of them have stemmed from the fact that I’ve publicly humiliated people, to the point of violence. Yes, I am a little stirrer. But that’s just words. If it stays at words, I’ll walk away. I’ll only get violent if someone is getting violent with me.

I accept that I do have some ‘issues’, regarding my aggressive nature, and I am taking steps to address them. Small steps. I’m nowhere near as bad as I used to be. TBH, considering what a wee feller I actually am, it’s pretty baffling how I’ve managed to avoid really serious injury so far! But there’s always that one time. Which I’d like to avoid; for the sake of my loved ones, if nothing else.

My surroundings? Well, I agree that they play a part, yes. I am considering moving to a quieter part of London. But the actual risk of violent confrontation is everywhere, not just in the rough parts. I’m sure here are horrific things that happen in quiet little villages.

My experience of where I live is overall positive. I’m confident and outgoing, and can get along with all sorts. I don’t feel ‘threatened’ when out and about, but am sensible enough to be able to recognise potential danger, and take steps to avoid it.

The enjoyment of violence is something I’d like to explore, but there aren’t a lot of resources that can help with this, I’ve found. If you say to someone ‘I enjoy violence’, they often look at you like you’re a psychopath. I’m sure that many people secretly harbour at least violent urges. Take enfht, for example; he seems to have taken an intense dislike to me, and takes any opportunity to try and wind me up, to get a reaction. He must enjoy the confrontation. I’d say he has issues he may not even be aware of, just from some of the comments he makes on here. The above comments have an undercurrent of anger and resentment, which is quite irrational, I feel. I’m more concerned for his state of mind, than I am offended by anything he says.

The thing is, to be honest with yourself. PP has been, and has expressed honest onions. The PP I know is a lovely, kind, caring person. His wife woon’t have married him if he weren’t. But he, like everyone, has violent instincts, which he is aware of, and knows can be triggered by violent behaviour from someone else. Njee, I believe, is not actually serious about pushing someone off; if they were, they wooduv probbly done that already, and have faced the consequences. Forum posturing, methinks.

aviemoron
    Free Member

I used to be in the Paras, now not violent at all!

enfht
    Free Member

he seems to have taken an intense dislike to me, and takes any opportunity to try and wind me up, to get a reaction. He must enjoy the confrontation. I’d say he has issues he may not even be aware of, just from some of the comments he makes on here. The above comments have an undercurrent of anger and resentment, which is quite irrational, I feel

Oh so I’m the one with issues. hahaha. You interpet it as irrational because you’re blind to your own stupidity. I’m not trying to wind you up, I’m judging you. Couldn’t care less how you take it. Glad you picked up on the undercurrent of anger and resentment towards you, you’re not completley blind afterall 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Here you go, mate:

enfht
    Free Member

What’s you’re normal going rate on those?

trailmonkey

I’m sure there are horrific things that happen in quiet little villages.

‘Tis true, the queue at the PO here gets proper lairy on a Thursday morning and look out when the WI spill out of the village hall, all hell can break loose 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

No.
    I was the sort of kid everyone on here hates, troublesome, violent the lot. Though I blame society LOL well my little bit of it anyway. Singleparent family in the early sixties even my teachers refered to me as a Barstard child (not because of my behaviour, because of my mums status)Lived in a rough part of London and knifecrime in schools was very common then. Teacher used to make us box each other to settle playground incidents.
    A short spell in the forces put it all into perspective, in the way seeing the consequences of violence does!
    So I’m now the opposite of the kid I was, though I’m not at all PC apart from my attitude to violence on film for example, anyone who thinks lets say Fightclub is cool is a total merchant banker IMO.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Good for you oldgit! We should all aim to put violence to bed. Easier said than done for some and in certain situations. Self-defence as a last resort is the only acceptable time to get rough, but if you learn ways to manage anger (both your potential assailant’s and your own), a punch up can usually be avoided. Assertiveness training is the starting point. Reading other people, knowing what to say (and when) is not always easy however.

Those that enjoy violence really do need medical help!

hora
    Free Member

Its the internet. no one on here would threaten another face to face. Once you realise its an internet forum you’ll stop taking yourself and others too seriously online.

DezB
    Free Member

All this.. Yeah… but… what if someone HACKED your favourite website??

njee20
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed to get into a slagging match with PP on this, it’s the exact reason you can’t have any meaningful conversation on a forum without it going off on a tangent. I said something, which I stand by, although I admit I didn’t word it well and you get some adrenaline charged fellow like PP telling me he’d kill me. Where’s the love people!? Then you have the audacity to say it’s internet bravado and my:

‘attitude stinks’ (as you might think mine does) but you can’t go chucking your weight around and expect everyone to roll over and accept it ‘

FFS, grow up, that’s what you did, I didn’t throw my weight around at all, I expressed what I’d do in a hypothetical situation, you made a direct threat on a specific individual.

I got punched once by some drunk chap who thought I was someone else, never thrown a punch in my life, I tend to avoid confrontation, it’s much easier.

scaredypants

I expressed what I’d do in a hypothetical situation, you made a direct threat on a specific individual

I think that’s what you both did isn’t it – he said he’d batter you IF you pushed him off

(mind, I haven’t read the thread 🙂 )

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So, truth is, you’d probbly not actually push someone off their bike, would you?

See, the reality is, that if you did, they might be someone like me. Only much bigger. And maybe a lot more violent.

Just out of inertest, who would you push off their bike? Someone your own size? Smaller, Female? Child?

I know you woon’t do it to someone bigger than you…

BigDummy
    Free Member

It was the use of “pal” that turned Poddy’s hypothetical situation into a tense Mexican stand-off. 🙂

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I have never got into an altercation with anyone weak and defenceless enough that violence appeared to be a safe way of resolving the situation.

class!

njee20
    Free Member

So, truth is, you’d probbly not actually push someone off their bike, would you?

I have done, if you’d read the thread, admittedly I knew the chap, he was bigger than me, if that matters, we both moved out of each others way at the last minute, he braked, I pushed him in the chest, I was unscathed, he fell off. I strongly suspect that most people would do exactly the same, the pedestrian has the advantage that they’re firmly planted whilst the cyclist is most likely unbalanced.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I have done

No, according to you, you ‘put your hands up to stop him crashing into you’. As far as I can tell. So, you din’t actually deliberately push him off, did you? It was just an instinctive defensive reaction. Fair enough. But you started off by having people think you would deliberately push someone off their bike, simply for riding on the pavement. Which you probbly woon’t, let’s be honest.

Here’s the confusing bit:

I’d very happily push a cyclist off if I was walking along the pavement and they came too close, strikes me as very similar to the whole thing about smacking cars that get too close. If they’re close enough to shove, they’re too close. Simples.

🙄

njee20
    Free Member

Dear God, this was my original point, it was an act of self defence, I pushed him off. That’s what I said I would do.

I wouldn’t push someone off simply for riding on the pavement, you’re right. They may be PP and I’ll get 7 shades of sh1t kicked out of me 🙂

nickc

Where is this pavement thread? Should be a riveting read

oldgit
    Free Member

Too true spongebob, though I keep myself in check by over indulging in caramel slices, makes the world a nicer place if not a bit of a queezy one.

DezB
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    Where is this pavement thread? Should be a riveting read

The two threads appear to have become one

nickc

Found it, it was a bit dull TBH.

Did you spill my pint?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, so what if I did? What you gonna do about it? Naahfink, you ponce!

Pick a window; you’re leaving!

Caahhm on then! Ahhll ‘ave the faaahkin’ lot of yer!!

hora
    Free Member

I got punched once by some drunk chap who thought I was someone else, never thrown a punch in my life, I tend to avoid confrontation, it’s much easier.

Got alot of respect for your viewpoint there. The only time I will flair up is if someone is putting me in physical danger. Verbal etc- easily diffuse or walk away from.

aP
    Free Member

Well, the “gent” driving his car who turned left across me felt upset enough that I’d shouted “Oy!” to turn around and then drive nearly 2 miles via a completely different route before stopping me and telling me that:
    a) I was a c***
    b) that I shouldn’t have said anything
    c) that he was going to beat the shit out of me
    d) why was I critisizing him when all cyclist break the law anyway
    e) that I could take down his reg number and report him, but that would just mean that he’d know where I lived, so he could come round and beat the shit out of me
    f) that he was going to beat the shit out of me
    g) that he bet I was sorry now, wasn’t I?
    (at this point I said sorry, so unconvincingly that I really though he’d actually get out and beat the shit out of me)
    h) that it was good that I’d said sorry, as it saved him getting out and beating the shit out of me
    i) did an 11 point turn to go back in the direction he was originally going
    What a lunchtime, and the day had been going so well to start with.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve been threatened before, but I’m just quite a docile person, I tend to just ignore things at the time, then get annoyed by them later!

DezB
    Free Member

When you’re on the internet?

willard

Let’s settle this on the runway…

hilldodger
    Free Member

Just out of inertest, who would you push off their bike?

Boris ‘BJ’ Johnson fo’sure…..

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I used to be in a metal band called 7 Shades. It was ace.

Oh yeah, and violence is bad.

BoardinBob

anyone who thinks lets say Fightclub is cool is a total merchant banker

Fight Club’s got nothing to do with violence though.

Spongebob
    Free Member

aP – Member

Well, the “gent” driving his car who turned left across me felt upset enough that I’d shouted “Oy!” to turn around and then drive nearly 2 miles via a completely different route before stopping me and telling me that:
    a) I was a c***
    b) that I shouldn’t have said anything
    c) that he was going to beat the shit out of me
    d) why was I critisizing him when all cyclist break the law anyway
    e) that I could take down his reg number and report him, but that would just mean that he’d know where I lived, so he could come round and beat the shit out of me
    f) that he was going to beat the shit out of me
    g) that he bet I was sorry now, wasn’t I?
    (at this point I said sorry, so unconvincingly that I really though he’d actually get out and beat the shit out of me)
    h) that it was good that I’d said sorry, as it saved him getting out and beating the shit out of me
    i) did an 11 point turn to go back in the direction he was originally going
    What a lunchtime, and the day had been going so well to start with.

😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘violence’ is closed to new replies.