vinyl floor repair

Home Forum Chat Forum vinyl floor repair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • vinyl floor repair
  • I’m not an expert in vinyl, but I know a few lads who are. When they’ve been fitting vinyl on a site I’ve been on, I’ve seen them joining sections with some kind of glue melt + heat gun. I imagine this would fix your repair nicely but you’ll have to google it from there. You’d have to find a matching colour stick I guess (that’s always going to be a compromise). Your nearest flooring supplies trade counter will supply the kit but I imagine the melt gun won’t be the cheapest.

flatfish

Heat gun will be far to hot it’ll just melt the vinyl. Those heat guns are for use on more industrial/bar/hospital/etc floors
    Use a Stanley/craft knife to lift the edge up and give it a squirt of superglue, press down the wipe up the excess before it dries.

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

I’ve managed to put a small cut/ tear in our new vinyl (lino?) Kitchen floor. Its only about 5mm long but I want to seal it to stop it getting any worse or from getting dirt it in. Any suggestions that won’t show up? I tried a bit of clear silicone sealant but it doesn’t look like it’ll be tough enough.

Cheers in advance

Premier Icon trout
    Subscriber

I am a floor layer. yes you can get a solvent based vynil seam weld any good carpet shop
    will know and be able to get you some

or evilbay for this.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Type-PVC-Cold-Welding-Liquid-Viny-Flooring-Adhesive-/220201751460

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

Thanks for the suggestions, that seam weld stuff looks the business.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘vinyl floor repair’ is closed to new replies.