vintagewatchtrackworld – where to get serviced

Home Forum Chat Forum vintagewatchtrackworld – where to get serviced

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • vintagewatchtrackworld – where to get serviced
  • I have a very old (30’s) watch that was done for me by Tribbeck’s in Salisbury. Very good service, works a treat now! It’s a manual (winder) and loses about three seconds a day. Given the age, that’s rather excellent in my book!

They offered to change the glass as well, but I declined. The scars this watch bears are all a part of the story of the man I inherited from.

http://tribbecks.com/ – No idea if they’re at all local to you, but they do a very good service for older watches.

CountZero

Nice watch, that Omega, and I love the mesh bracelet.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Thanks CZ – 21st present from my dad. ‘Tis lovely. Nice and understated and you’re right – the bracelet is awesome. Some hours went in to making that I’d imagine.

@CFH – thanks for the recommendation. May give them a call when I have the funds. Been meaning to do it for years but have a tax refund coming so may put toward.

Cheers

Danny B

jp-t853

These both come highly recommended on watch forums

Link 1

Link 2

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Thanks jp – I like the second guys style! Not too complimentary about modern watches (don’t know how right he is).

I’ll do some phoning round and get some prices.

Cheers

Danny B

Premier Icon michaelbowden
    Subscriber

I used Duncan @ Genesis Watchmaking for my 50’s Omega and my Fathers 20’s Rolex. He is absoluetely brilliant and very reasonably priced, can’t reccomend him enough.

service@genesiswatchmaking.co.uk

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Good evening all

I have an Omega Chronostop like this:

It is in desperate need of a good service, maybe the glass replacing etc.

Can anyone suggest where to go and a rough idea of cost.

Cheers

Danny B

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Where are you? I use Brewers in Huddersfield for my 1972 Constellation

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Cheers Scapegoat – Sheffield so ‘Udders not out of the question if I don’t want to risk posting it.

@michaelb – they look good also. Like the presentation of their website and looks around £200 give or take wherever I go which is what I was expecting.

Cheers

Danny B

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Last time Brewers did my watch it was about £65 for the service, incl a new button, and I had the glass done for something like £50…. so you should be well within your £200!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘vintagewatchtrackworld – where to get serviced’ is closed to new replies.