• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ski.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • vintage camera buffs, 3 lenses and 1 viewfinder? equipment ID help please!
  • Markie
    Free Member

Hey.

Mrs Markie is on an eBay mission – some parts of which are sucking as discussed here! – and has found a bunch of camera stuff.

I’ve been able to identify the camera (Cannon SII with a Tokyo Optical Co lens) and the big Leica case (an EBYOO, apparently!), but not a funnt three lensed thing or a Leica camera only case. She also found something called a Hockin’s Desideratum which Google tells me is a lens, but my daughter got hold of it and now it’s slightly lost 🙁

There are also a few what I’d call lens, except there not camera lens in the normal sense, they’re flat bits of glass with a metal ring around them? They were in the big camera bag so I figure they’re connected. Is there any way of knowing what’s what?

The marking on the 3 lensed thing reads Steinheil.

Thanks!

bencooper
    Free Member

That Steinheil thing is, I think, a viewfinder – the three lenses give you the FoV from three prime lenses on the camera body.

The bits of glass with metal rings sound like either filters or add-on lenses – are they curved or flat?

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – rangefinder viewfinder which slots into the top of the camera body. And yes to filters too. If they’re convex they will be magnifying filters for close up work, but more likely they’re just UV filters, mostly for lens protection – you screw it onto the front of your lens.

ski
    Free Member

Markie post some pics up here or if you prefer drop me an email, the above posts sound correct, they do sound like viewfinders, I used to, for my sins work in a classic camera shop and still have some of my old guides 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘vintage camera buffs, 3 lenses and 1 viewfinder? equipment ID help please!’ is closed to new replies.