Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Village near Les Gets with small bike park
  • stevemorg2

Am just planning a summer Morzine trip for a group of mixed ability riders. Last time I was there (2018) we found a small bike park in a village on the road out of Les Gets with a lift and a couple of blue and red trails – can anyone tell me what the village is called?

tuboflard

Are you thinking of Samoens? I guess it depends what you direction you drive on the way out!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can’t think of where you mean.

The road out of Les Gets will usually take you to either Morzine, or down the mountain to Taninges, there’s a couple of little clusters of houses on the way down, but I’ve never seen a lift at any of them.

Are you thinking about Les Gets bike park? You reach it by taking the Chavannes lift and instead of taking the ‘motorway’ trail down, you go down the mountain on the other side, there’s about 6-8 trails there, all fed by a lift that’s sort of in the middle of nowhere. The only trail I can remember the name of is Triple 8.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Grand Terche above St Jean D’aulps

stevemorg2

not Samens or Les Gets bike park – village was a climb off the D902 – small lift station, 3 or 4 decent trails – maybe its not there ny more – will check through stuff from the last trip there

tuboflard

That’s otherwise known as Roc d’Enfer I think isn’t it @freeridenick?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yep – the same!

Wibble89
    Free Member

Les Carroz

freeridenick
    Free Member

Not really on the road out of Les gets!

Wibble89
    Free Member

When did answering the op become the main aim? (tongue in cheek)

You turn off the D902 at the roundabout at the top of the Taninges/Cluses col so not a million miles away… 😉

Do they run the lift at Grand Terche in the summer or is it pedal up? Is is separate pass or will Passport du Soleil cover it?

stevemorg2

Yep – Les Carroz is the one! Thanks Wibble89!

Also interested in the Grand Terche – we are maybe staying in Le Biot

freeridenick
    Free Member

Les Carroz got a few nice little bits. Grand Terche lift runs with a ferw very basic tracks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Village near Les Gets with small bike park’ is closed to new replies.