Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Viessmann combi boilers – any catches
  • towzer

Given the current mix of banging noises, flashing lights and daily cut outs I’m having a look at boiler replacements, viessmann get good reviews and the latest ones seem to have 12 year warranty, my googling suggests they’re ok

Thanks

Rio

If it’s anything like our Viessman boiler, admittedly quite old now, you’ll be needing that 12 year warranty. Very efficient though, according to the British Gas man who serviced it last week.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

To counter the last poster, we had a Viessmann Vitodens 100 combi at our last house which did 14 years service before we left with no issues at all.

stingmered

We had a new one installed at the previous house. Good, powerful, quiet and efficient… but… beware the heat exchanger. We had cast iron radiators (reclaimed from god knows what era) and whilst they kicked out a lot of heat and looked great, they did seem to corrode more than modern radiators, even with a power flush, mag-filter and regular inhibit. The heat exchange is a plate type and has very fine channels which blocked easily and caused the boiler to trip out. Our plumber had regular call outs for this from his customers so bought himself a spare heat exchanger. Used to swap it out, take away the dirty one and clean it up ready for the next blockage! Apparently older radiators were much worse though, so you might be ok.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Nothing to add apart from a family friend is a retired maintenance engineer for viessman (in Germany – Allendorf). His boiler setup (solid fuel) was impressive!

I’ve always understood them to be a decent brand, no first hand experience tho.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have one in my rental. No problems but it’s only a sample size of one. The reviews I read were positive, hence why I bought one.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

I just had one installed a few weeks ago. No previous experience of combi boilers before this, but I preferred my old airing cupboard system and tank. Apparently the new Viessmann boilers are hard to set up, acco rding to the bloke who installed it. There is one bloke who works in his company who advises all new owners on how to set it up, and he advises people dont touch it until they download the app first?
    I just set the temperature on the bluetooth thermostat, and control it that way. It certainly looks like a quality bit of kit, but has quite a bit of lag between running the hot tap and hot water appearing.
    Like I say, no previous experience of combi boilers so no idea if this is common or not.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Very popular abroad

We installed one prob 15 yrs ago now (moved house 2 yrs ago) and it ran faultlessly

Lots of power and very quiet

Drac

A colleague at work who is an explumber rates them, it’s what he has installed.

FuzzyWuzzy

My 4 year old Vitodens 100 has been fine since it was installed (not that that’s a long time), hopefully it remains so (I’ve just jinxed it haven’t I…)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I wanted one of these but concluded that actually, UK support wasn’t brilliant from the chasing of certified installers that I had to do.

Ended up with a Worcester Bosch, even though I think Viessmann are probably better built.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Viessmann combi boilers – any catches’ is closed to new replies.