Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • VIDEO: Scottish Cyclocross Rd 3 – Mugdock
  • TheFlea
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7aY2S2kBOc[/video]

comments welcome.

🙂

dobo
    Free Member

you have more mud, obstacles and mtb’s than down here, nice vid though some dubstep or hmm perhaps frank sinatra song would liven things up, yea

grantus
    Free Member

great video – if you think that was muddy you should have seen the week before 😉

Clover

mmmmm…. mud 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

cool, never knew there was such a thing up there! Where’s the route, just round about the visitors centre?

ourmaninthenorth

Almost as muddy as a North West league race… 🙂

TheFlea
    Free Member

The route is around the visitors centre, but threaded through a couple of bits of singletrack. If you are up there anytime soon you should see it pretty clearly, it’ll take a while for the tracks to disappear.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cool, I was up yesterday, but just decided to headed up the WHW after doing a bit of the single track at the milngavie end which was a mud fest, so never went near the visitors centre. i’ll take a wander up next time and have a pottle around the course! cheers!

wallace1492
    Free Member

Went round some of the course on Monday night, man it was a bog fest! Glad I did not go in for it this year – did it last your and it was certainly a lot less muddy.

Nothing seems to be drying out at all in last 2 months, so trying to avoid the worst of it.

spacemonkey

3 screens = too much going on. Plus the music choice is … well … shit.

Other than that, alright.

yoda
    Free Member

Wow! I fancy that!
    Looks a lot slower than the flat out road races we call cross here in Yorkshire!
    Most are more like crits than cross!

pixelmix
    Free Member

Went round some of the course on Monday night, man it was a bog fest! Glad I did not go in for it this year – did it last your and it was certainly a lot less muddy.

Not as bad as Plean though. Didn’t see so many broken mechs/hangers last week, and no wheels jammed up with mud. It was riding much faster with less running required in the early races apparently.

Nice wee video there. Saw it doing the rounds on twitter the other day. I even got a fleeting cameo role. My mum would be so proud.

richmtb

Didn’t know you could turn uot to an Cross race on an MTB, I might be tempted to give it a bash

pixelmix
    Free Member

Didn’t know you could turn uot to an Cross race on an MTB, I might be tempted to give it a bash

Depends on the series, but you are generally okay on anything as long as it isn’t an elite level race.

2″ MTB tyres looked like tough work in the mud in the race in that video.

TheFlea
    Free Member

I found this on the Scottish Cyclocross website:

All bikes are allowed at SCX races (as long as they’re safe for you and others) – cyclocross, mountain bikes, BMXs, even your Mum’s old shopping bike. Courses favour those on cyclocross bikes – choose your weapon wisely!

Everyone was super friendly, it seemed bloody hard but lots of fun and I think I’ve been persuaded to take part in the Strathclyde Park event in November. I’ll be riding my hardtail for that (2.4” tyres, 140mm travel forks) so will be sticking out like a sore thumb 😀

Northwind

Music choice not quite ridiculous enough to succeed, I thought. Also, the long rectangular shot at the bottom ends up cutting off everyone’s heads. Still, first multi-box video I’ve watched that I enjoyed.

The race kind of reminds me of 10 Under the Ben, except at least in cyclocross you’re supposed to get off and push 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘VIDEO: Scottish Cyclocross Rd 3 – Mugdock’ is closed to new replies.