Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Video editing software – recomendations
  • piemonster

And no, I’m not prepared to spend any money.

Don’t mind exercising the brain a bit to get used to it.

Any suggestions for Windows compatible software.

Just to repeat this important point, IM NOT SPENDING ANY MONEY #tightgit

Rubber_Buccaneer

Windows Movie Maker used to be OK but I’ve not used it since I bought Sony Movie Studio.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Can you still get Adobe premier elements for free, im sure the one I got was on a CD, way more advanced the Windows Movie Maker though…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’ve edited more than my fair share of videos in my time.

For free and assuming you are on windows of whatever version you should look no further than MS Windows Moview Maker (MSWMM). Intuitive and easy to use but you will very quickly realise its limitations.

The next step is to find a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements (APE). Shouldn’t be too difficult to get a copy for free, e.g. version 7 is many years old now and will be in many peoples rubbish pile but it still works well. I use version 10 which I bought for the princely sum of twenty of your english pounds. APE is much more advanced and has loads of different options over and above the usual different ways of fading from one scene to another.

However it is a total pig to learn, took me over 12 months. I kept on going back to MSWMM until I finally bit the bullet and learned how to at least make a basic movie on it by viewing various hints and tips on youtube.

I don’t own any apple products so am unable to comment on their offerings other than I have seen stuff edited using Final Cut which is apple specific and it looks very nice. I have no idea if this is free or needs to be bought but that bloke at google can probably tell you.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sony Movie Studio user here, blindingly straight forwards, cheap but alas, not free.

neilthewheel

WMM is hideous, keeps crashing. I’m just in the process of downloading EZVid and might report back.

piemonster

Intuitive and easy to use but you will very quickly realise its limitations.

I discovered this on my lunch break.

robbo
    Free Member

Try Serif MoviePlus X6. Rock solid. £10 on offer for old version.

neilthewheel

EZvid – forget it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Video editing software – recomendations’ is closed to new replies.