• This topic has 11 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by xinyuewon-spam.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • video converter software?
  • barty81
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone recommend a free program, where i can covert video files to a ipad compatable format. thanks in advance

Sidney
    Free Member

dvdfab and handbrake. you might only need handbrake. I use dvdfab to do the ripping first.

eyerideit
    Free Member

+1 Handbrake.

If you’re on a Mac, if not I don’t gotsa clue.

spawnofyorkshire

i use mediacoder iphone edition on windows.
    It’s especially good if you have an nvidia graphics card as you can set it to use cuda and transcode the file in a 10th of the time handbrake does it. Newer intel graphics cards will do the same thing as well

cranberry
    Free Member

Handbrake – I’m currently using it to rip a bunch of DVDs for streaming to my Galaxy Note 10.1 and the TV.

It looks complicated to start, but all you really need to do is select a profile from the right hand side and set it running. Then have a nice slow cup of tea ( it takes a while and a half ).

Note – if you have the space, copy the DVDs to the hard drive first and run the Handbrake on these files – you can queue up a whole load and leave the computer to work its way through them.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Try this one mmatey if its for a pc

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

2bit

If its PC you’ll want SUPER – http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Ignore the crappy website & take the time to find & eventually dl the actual software. It converts most things to most things for free.

Used it daily when I was doing a lot of video production n performance & its awesome

shifter
    Free Member

I’m new to this and having more joy with freemake than handbrake.

takisawa2

I’ve used AnyVideoConverter

It seems to work ok.

joeyj
    Free Member

Another +1 for handbrake as they have iPhone and iPad presets but you can specify what quality etc you want. They do take a while to convert but you can also rip the DVD in it also just choose the largest file which is normally the film and it cuts all the cr@p out too.

wyvern
    Free Member

You can use Handbrake or Format Factory (for windows os only).
    Or try some professional video converters.
    If you’re on a Mac, try this one.

redsank
    Free Member

wondershare video converter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘video converter software?’ is closed to new replies.