Victims of Superstar Components

Home Forum Chat Forum Victims of Superstar Components

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • Victims of Superstar Components
  • Jamie

This can only end well.

Edit: Just read the court case bit……

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

kettle on, garibaldis on the plate. Octopron on speedial.

Chocolate octopus anyone?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

blimey, just read your version of the court case.

You’re one cross dude.

Having said that, I’m surprised Fruit turned up to defend the case.

Premier Icon pictonroad
    Subscriber

Terrible spelling, I’m out.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Seems like someone has a hug deficit in his life.

Having a site about a product / brand that doesn’t have the best reputation is one thing, but personally abusing the owner is another – it takes it from business to personal.

I’ve met the Neil and have no particular love for Superstar, but if you want to be taken seriously I’d suggest you remove the ‘Tom Cruise’ picture and tone the language down.

This isn’t a public service, but a personal rant.

Out here too.

Chocolate octopus anyone?

Got any starfish? ๐Ÿ˜‰

iolo

That’s a cracking forum you have there.

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

can I have one of those chocolate octopus (octopi?) please.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Used them once. Excellent service. Very prompt at responding and sorting things out when the postal service screwed up, and it still arrived quicker than orders from that big online store in Northern Irelend.

Friends have bought lots from SS. All excellent service too.

Why would I want to sue them? ๐Ÿ˜•

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

I’ve had lots of products from Superstar and whilst not Chris King quality they have all been fine and suitable for purpose.

You lost your court case. Move on and let it go, it’s only a wheel!

peterfile

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that your call to arms on STW may backfire a bit.

Get some fresh air, seriously.

Premier Icon piedi di formaggio
    Subscriber

You certainly seem angry. Did you burn your fanjo as well?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Octopus leg count fail.

doncorleoni

I can understand why you are angry OP…. But this just makes you sound a little bit crazy:

if your reading this I have a message for you … From doing business with you, you have taken from me, you have taken the sport I love away from me, you have taken my wheels from me, and you have taken 400 pounds of my own money from me,

I don’t get it why has he taken the sport away from you?

spooky_b329

Its a shame you couldn’t keep your composure in court, your apparent temper probably resulted in the judge taking a dislike to you.

Have you tried claiming back via your credit card? You do use a credit card for all online purchases, don’t you?

ScottChegg

Setting up a website for a rant is pretty elaborate.

Have you not bought anything from Dave Hinde? I’ve heard they are cheap.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

You seem to be a total zoomer. Good work.

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

I’ve been buying brake pads and occasionally parts from Superstar for years. Ordered some pads Thursday lunchtime, they arrived Friday morning last week.

Very satisfied with their service, never a problem. Can’t help thinking that some peoples attitude and approach can only exacerbate the situation when a problem arises.

Jamie

I screamed what good was it on your desk

My temper was starting to flair at this point

Yes. Those quotes are listed in chronological order.

I want to end by saying I hope Maureen (his mother) who is secretary to his so-called ‘company’ (small lock up in Lincoln) is very proud of herself and her boy, clearly some morals were missing during his upbringing.

Dude! Not cool!

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Hope everything in that site is 100% factual.
    If it’s not, then it’s telling untruths publicly with the intent to financially deprive.
    I’d be expecting a legal letter through the post any time soon.

edit: and haha @ the auto replace for posting before the thread gets locked ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Ive had my problems with superstarcomponents. Difficult warranty on a shonky chainset, infuriating lack of support for a shonky rear hub.

But I modify my expectations. I can see it’s easy to get wound up, but life’s too short. And I would be picky about what I buy, if anything, from SSC again. And if I did publish a flame-site – I’d definitely use spell checker first.

hexhamstu

I think your website is awful and makes you come across as an absolute loon. You suggest that because he didn’t show up to court in a suit he doesn’t represent himself well. I’d suggest that posting images of Neil Wilkinson himself and suggesting that he may not be attractive to the opposite sex, is both childish and pathetic. From what I can see, it is in fact you who does not know how to conduct themselves.

Also the spelling and grammar on your website is atrocious.

bigrich

I got some flat pedals from superstar, they’re well good.

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

*makes another cuppa*

Have you not bought anything from Dave Hinde? I’ve heard they are cheap.

That would be off the scale ๐Ÿ™‚

iolo

I think ascomp is fruit using a double twist kind of anti advertising.

tadpole

I’ve used them quite a bit, always had good service, even when I screwed order up and sent stuff back, they were quick at getting replacement order out, with no unpleasantness at all. I’m gonna keep using them.

bitterlemon

I’ve bought pads and grips from these guys for a long time with no problems. You can tell from the website its not a huge company so not sure I’d want to risk buying bigger items.

nwgiles

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    wwaswas – Member
    Octopus leg count fail.
    http://www.victimsofchocolateoctopusbiscuits.com

I actually clicked that hoping it was more exciting

Premier Icon steveoath
    Subscriber

Schools still on holiday then? ๐Ÿ™„

Am I reading this right?

You took someone to court because a wheel developed lateral play after 10 weeks use!!!

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

What this thread really, REALLY needs, is SSC to comment.

Gooo Oooonnnn….. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

nosedive

anyone tried these ‘tactic’ rims yet?

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=74&products_id=809

tubeless ready, 23mm internal, 1750g a pair for ยฃ220, pretty tempting. I’m thinking it would give me a better tyre profile than my arch rims which I think are 19mm internal, but same weight…

sorry for the hi-jack ๐Ÿ˜‰

bigrich

um, your website makes you sound nuts. I should get an impartial third party to proofread it for you.

Jamie

A man can live in hope…

toppers3933

How childish can one person be. I appreciate that you bought something that you think fell short in someway but you complained and got nowhere. Then you took them to court and got nowhere. Don’t you think that maybe just maybe it’s time to let go?
    As my man Buzz Lightyear says: ‘you are a sad sorry little man, and you have my pity.’

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Victims of Superstar Components’ is closed to new replies.