Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Vibram to be sued over barefoot running
  • phil.w
    Free Member

This suit describes how Vibram has claimed that running in VFFs will provide the following benefits:
    [list][*]Improved foot health[/*]
    [*]Reduced risk of injury[/*]
    [*]Strengthened muscles in feet and lower legs[/*]
    [*]Stimulated neural function improving balance, agility and range of motion[/*]
    [*]Improved spine alignment[/*]
    [*]Improved posture[/*]
    [*]Reduced lower back pain[/*]
    [*]Improved proprioception and body awareness[/*][/list]
    the plaintiffs say there is no scientific backing for these claims; that claims there is are untrue; that if any of the claims are true there’s no evidence that VFFs do these any better than regular running shoes

If this goes to court it could be interesting, maybe we’ll see some independently verified research for once. Though I imagine they will just settle before hand like Reebok did.

link to class action complaint
    science of sport article

druidh
    Free Member

I think they only work if you are wearing a hologram on your wrist.

matt_bl
    Free Member

From what I’ve read, Vibram have made these claims about barefoot running and ‘linked’ running in VFF as comparable to running barefoot.

As there is little or no hard scientific evidence to back these claims up I wouldn’t be surprised either if they decided to settle.

Shame really, personally I like them and unlike the plaintiff did not think they would turn me into Haile Gabrselassie.

Matt

johnners
    Free Member

unlike the plaintiff did not think they would turn me into Haile Gabrselassie

Yeah, but however disingenuous (or gullible) the plaintiff is, ads still can’t be allowed to be complete bullshit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

have you seen this then?

Surley this does stop me aging

jfletch
    Free Member

[pedant]Anti aging does mean “stops you aging” it simply means “against aging”[pedant]

franksinatra

If you are interested in barefoot running you have probably read ‘Born to Run. If you have, you will be aware of Caballo Blanco

RIP Caballo Blanco

footflaps

They mainly seem to be used by people weight lifting in my local gym (and not the big guys, just the slightly podgy white collar workers who are trying to shed a few pounds). I keep waiting for one of them to drop a dumbbell on their foot 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Waves!
    /Well not at the gym bit, but the rest is right 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

johnners – Member

unlike the plaintiff did not think they would turn me into Haile Gabrselassie

Yeah, but however disingenuous (or gullible) the plaintiff is, ads still can’t be allowed to be complete bullshit.

Completely agree, still not convinced she’s fighting for justice and truth though!

Matt

Keva
    Free Member

just read that about Caballo Blanco, crikey.
    RIP

Junkyard
    Free Member

dear pedant
    Do anti lock brakes stop my brakes from locking or are they just against the locking of my brakes
    Yours Confused 😉

HermanShake
    Free Member

Does the plaintiff work for another big shoe company perchance?

redfordrider
    Free Member

We have 7 pairs of VFF in our household. I’d gladly write them a glowing testimonial. I now run better, further, faster and with fewer aches and pains than before. I use Innov8 Baregrip 200 for fell running as they have Rocket Ron like soles!

Jamie
    Free Member

Does the plaintiff work for another big shoe company perchance?

I believe their name is Merrell Newton.

DezB
    Free Member

You don’t need a reason to sue someone in Massachusetts.

Junkyard
    Free Member

newton shoes are they any good?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Vibram to be sued over barefoot running’ is closed to new replies.