Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • VFR 1200F Anyone ?
  • markyd

I went to have a look at the 1200 a couple of weeks ago, still intend to test ride one. I've got an 08R1 at the minute but can't help feeling I should have grown into something more sensible by now (before the licence suffers). The 1200 is better looking in the flesh for sure, but that exhaust is stil pig ugly. It a lot of money now, actually they are all a lot of money now.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

but can't help feeling I should have grown into something more sensible by now (before the licence suffers).

It doesn't work unless you go for something really slow – you will just end up thrashing it anyway even if its a tourer – it still has 150 bhp

martinxyz
    Free Member

could always buy a confederate wraith. mmmmmmm.

or maybe buy a bike with a nice looking exhaust system.. but have a manky looking machine surrounding it. http://www.uncrate.com/men/cars/motorcycles/vyrus-987-c3-4v/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the_lecht_rocks

indeed , the exhaust is FUGLY, but the bike just does everything SO well…….
    i really think Honda have created the ultimate street motorcycle with the new VFR 12.

mickasaki
    Free Member

If you do get one, take care! dont end up with one of these!

mogrim

Ouch! That's the new bike, isn't it?
    🙁

Edit: It doesn't look too serious a crash, if you're ok enough to be posting…

amplebrew

Is that your bike mickasaki?!?! 😯

mickasaki
    Free Member

Sure is, interested in a deal? one carefull owner etc…

epicsteve
    Free Member

I might replace my CBF1000GT and CBR600 with a single bike in a couple of years and a VFR with hard luggage might be the solution.

I considered a VFR800 previously but at the time preferred the CBR.

epicsteve
    Free Member

If you do get one, take care! dont end up with one of these!

Nightmare! How did you manage that? If I recally you've only had the bike a weeks or so (not even long enough to change your nickname!).

mogrim

Just seen the other thread, seems a small crash and the wife has a broken arm?

Lucky it's got that big fugly exhaust on the side, nice bit of protection for the good looking bits 😈

mickasaki
    Free Member

Wait for the new sprint trumpet to come out before you decide, i had a 955i a couple of years back (lasted a bit longer!) fantastic grunty engine, and the 1050 is even better. I tried a 1050 sprint and was very impressed with it, very comfy for two up'ing and seem to last well. Probably be a hell of alot cheaper than a VFR and its british!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Wait for the new sprint trumpet to come out before you decide

I've looked at Triumphs a few times but for some reason they just don't do it for me. I don't like the looks and too many folks I know have had reliability problems with them (I know the newer bikes are better though).

the_lecht_rocks

@mickasaki.
    sickening old boy. my commiserations 🙁

Simon-E

When I finally get a house with a garage, I'd love one of these:

Best bike I've ever ridden (because I've never swung a leg over an RC30). A VFR800 is more practical, esp. 2-up, but the handling on the 400s is truly sublime.

I agree that pre-VTEC VFR is the better bike than its successor. Sometimes Honda are too 'clever' for my liking, they make things different and it's not always better – downgrading the V4 cams to chain from gears is an example.

The VFR1200 is a replacement for the blackbird, so of course it will be less nimble than a Blade and more sporty/less toury than a Pan. That's why it's not a Blade or Pan. Duh! I'd look at a Sprint ST first or even a CBR600, I don't see the need for the gadgets or the top end speed (or the price tag!).

mickasaki
    Free Member

One of my friends has a mint one of those 400's in his garage. It has only been out to be mot'd each year for about the last 6 years! I might persuade him it needs me to take it for a trackday! ( but with my history it will be hard work!)

the_lecht_rocks

here it is. delivered to my door this morning due to the ridiculous amount of snow that's fallen in the last 36 hours !!!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thats the first i've seen except in the mags! deffinatly looks more modern than the old'n. Whats it look like from the other side then? Hope the weather improves so you can get out and enjoy it soon!

the_lecht_rocks

@mick – here it [Fugle exhaust shot missing :)] is :

solamanda
    Free Member

That looks like it's from a different world.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thats certainly not subtle styling, Honda are definatly more adventurous than the other japs at the moment aren't they. Thats a shame they put the exhaust that side and didn't leave it like the cb100r, that would have really set it off!

zaskar
    Free Member

Big fairing!

Looks great but have you broke her in yet?

the_lecht_rocks

25 miles only. roads are salted up here, lots of standing water from snow melt and mud from freshly ploughed fields. took me an hour to clean it yesterday after 30 minutes thrash.
    super creamy torque, stunning roll on throttle response, no noticeable twist from the shaft drive, stunning 🙂

mickasaki
    Free Member

Has the weather let you out for a proper ride yet then?

mickasaki
    Free Member

Saw one in the wild today! Definatly look nice in the flesh. How you getting on with it?

samuri
    Free Member

Best bike I've ever ridden (because I've never swung a leg over an RC30). A VFR800 is more practical, esp. 2-up, but the handling on the 400s is truly sublime.

I've ridden both (a VFR400 and an RC30). The 400 was insanely light, insanely! But the Rc30 was without doubt the finest motorcycle I've ever ridden. 70 odd in first gear, I was doing about a hundred by third gear and lost my bottle at about 140 with the bike still pulling away like a train. It was like riding a roadbike (cycle) but with an engine. Crazy! I loved it.

Northwind

Samuri wrote, "I've ridden both (a VFR400 and an RC30). The 400 was insanely light, insanely!"

They're actually not that light at all… Just feel it because the weight's so compact and relatively low but the NC30 and NC35 are both heavier than most modern 6s. The claimed, crooked, dry weight is higher than the weighed fully wet weight of my SV 😉 Still bloody lovely mind.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If I can stop spending all my time and money on MTBs I suspect this is the answer. If only I could keep the oil in the engine. Its sitting in the garage awaiting a new set of big ends

40 ish BHP with loads of torque, footrest on the ground at 70mph, 3rd gear pulling hard – you know you are going fast – hit a ton down a decent straight and feels good in corners – even if its on the limit at 3/4 the corner speed of an R1 – you can thrash it at legalish speeds.

Problem with fast bikes is its only fun if you thrash them – and you end up going stupidly fast. Go to jail or make a huge hole in a hedge.

If I buy another motorcycle it will be an aprilla 250 – or even a 125. thrash the spuds off it

Pigface
    Free Member

What does BSA stand for? Bastards stopped again. 😉

Woody
    Free Member

That's a wicked looking bike Lecht and you have the roads to enjoy it 😆

I'm jealous TJ but no-one given you 'instructions' from the back on that one 😉

Damn these threads. Just when I think I've convinced myself not to get another bike…………………… I really want something like this

The bike that is, although doggy looks cool too.

the_lecht_rocks

cheers woody – still running it in………….. 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

cheers woody – still running it in…………..

Must be difficult to make fast progress running in with only 172bhp at full tilt 😆

Where was that pic taken BTW?

the_lecht_rocks

which pic ? my driveway are the vfr12 shots.

fwiw, i'm not really running it in – just using it up to the 1st 600 mile service.

Woody
    Free Member

Was just wondering re the snow still on the ground but now see that it was actually 2 weeks ago.

Reluctant
    Free Member

BSA – isn't it Bl**dy Sore Arse? 😛

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Best Scrap Avialable.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I've just 'invested' in one of these

anyone interested in a KTM990sm or Harley CVO?

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘VFR 1200F Anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.