Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • VFR 1200F Anyone ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

Test riding on Saturday………
    Anyone else have one yet ?

the_lecht_rocks

nobody ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I doubt there's more than about 50 in circulation yet. Personlly, not my thing at all. I wouldn't give one a second glance

rkk01
    Free Member

Always fancied the outgoing VFR800 – but they haven't done the bright red for years!!!

New one looks a bit strange in photies, haven't seen what it is like in the flesh. If I had the spare cash for m/c shopping at the mo I'd probably be trying a F800GS

carlosg
    Free Member

had a look at the piccys , mmmm they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beer holder' and I could do with a gallon now!

I like the 800 but the 1200 , bluergh.

the_lecht_rocks

agree it's relatively ugly, but it's SO functional.
    sports / touring / commute / track !
    and reliable with little maintenance [shaft propelled] !

uplink
    Free Member

Not had any 1st hand experience but a mate who's tried one complained of 'jacking up' & 'squatting' a lot on the throttle

shaft drives eh?

daveh
    Free Member

Test rode one back in Feb. Looks far nicer in the flesh than photos. It certainly rides nicely but I'd definately get myself into trouble on one -it hides its speed very well.

smurf
    Free Member

Interested to hear how you get on with it. I had 2 VRF800s (pre VTEC) in a row.

smurf

amplebrew

it's SO functional.
    sports / touring / commute / track !
    and reliable with little maintenance

Sounds just like a Fireblade 🙂

But dearer, heavier and slower 🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

mate took one out from george whites, who told him "oh we've sold 3 already".

three? wow, flying off the floors. Ducati probably sold more £40K desmosedicis in that time.

Supposed to be typically honda-accomplished but makes the current fireblade look attractive and is all round a massive disappointment after years of hype.

the_lecht_rocks

not sure – Mrs TLR will be somewhat uncomfy on the Fireblade's perch !

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why not get a real BMW rather than a copy? 😉 Its even ugly like a Bimmer

singlecrack
    Free Member

One came past me while I was driving the other day
    I had to wind my window down to listen to it
    It sounded lovely 😀
    not sure about the styling yet though 😕
    may grow on me

mickasaki
    Free Member

Functional? whats that got to do with motorbikes? 😆 Picking this up tomorrow! Cant wait!

amplebrew

not sure – Mrs TLR will be somewhat uncomfy on the Fireblade's perch !

I'd recommend test riding a new shape Blade (RR8 onwards)

They are fantastic bikes that even when at maximum warp factor feel pretty effortless; I really couldn't fault mine.

Obviously not for long distance touring with your sigificant other, but just do what I did…….. buy her a CBF125 and lessons 🙂

I think Honda have missed a trick with the new VFR, it seems to now sit between a VFR800 and a Pan-Euro.

I can only hope that they bring out a sportier, lighter and VFR800 physical size version.

This was my Blade…

amplebrew

…… although I sold the Blade when I managed to find a brand new SP1 last year 🙂

Not as fast as the modern 1000's with around the same performance as a modern 600 sports, R6 / ZX6r etc but every ride is an event 🙂

Motorbike's should never be about function……. 😉

mickasaki
    Free Member

Amplebrew – thats seriously nice! bet your wrists aren't too happy with the change though! Better sort the cans though!

amplebrew

mickasaki – Member
    Amplebrew – thats seriously nice! bet your wrists aren't too happy with the change though! Better sort the cans though!

It was always my dream bike 🙂

I keep looking at Akra or Arrow cans, but just can't bring myself to mess with it. I keep thinking it would be better to keep it original.

It only comes out on high days and holidays, I use a '99' R6 as my main bike.

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    Test riding on Saturday………

Interested to find out what you think about it….

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

bet your wrists aren't too happy with the change though!

may be me, but i don't find my sp1 too uncomfortable. certainly would'nt want to tour on it, but otherwise its ok. just a damn shame i've got to sell it!

mickasaki
    Free Member

[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad282/mickasaki_photos/Photo0088.jpg[/img]Here he is in the wild! First knee down of the year today aswell! Got to get rid of the chicken strips quick!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC posting)

I went pillion unfriendly when MC passed her test and got an SV650. Do miss two-up riding and may end up getting something like a fazer 1000 to cart her and luggage to scotland/europe.

Currently on an 04R1 with a few nice useful extras (CRG levers, harris rearsets). Pictured at talybont on a days blast from oxford. Fabulous bike.

amplebrew

gavtheoldskater – Member

bet your wrists aren't too happy with the change though!

may be me, but i don't find my sp1 too uncomfortable. certainly would'nt want to tour on it, but otherwise its ok. just a damn shame i've got to sell it!

I find it as comfy as the Blade, although I'm only 5ft 7 short 🙂

I think you'll regret selling it especially if it's a nice one. The good ones are getting really hard to find now 🙁

mickasaki – Is that a Gixxer 750?

mickasaki
    Free Member

sure is! Best decision i've made in a while, just waiting for the yoshi pipe to be delivered now!

daveh
    Free Member

Got to get rid of the chicken strips quick!

I can still see them 😉 😀

amplebrew

mickasaki – Like the colour, far nicer than the blue and white.

martinxyz
    Free Member

since octoberish? last year they have been talking about it in MCN and i remember them questioning the designer on why the tank range was so small. would be good to hear of real world experiences from folk that have done tours on theirs to get an idea. imagine going west coast of scotland with a tank range not quite big enough.

..you could take fuel pillion instead of the wife i suppose ;O)

martinxyz
    Free Member

mr munque i like the 04 model in that colour.I saw a W reg r1 in local bike shop the other day and it looked really tidy condition.. some 23 year old has put a deposit down on it though. I said to shop owner to get in touch with me if the sale doesnt go through.. so hopefully hes still having problems getting insurance.

micka.. oh i see you got the bike. colour looks good. not the usual blue and white same old colour scheme. i started to type this to mention about that original can. its awful eh? should look spot on with something plain and simple.(anything can look plain and simple compared to the original lol)

the_lecht_rocks

it's an amazing m/c. [vfr 1200f].
    comfortable, nuclear quick, stable, and still feels nimble considering it's 267kg wet !!!! stunning stunning brakes too.
    managed a wee knee doon graze on the demo ride too on one of my fave stretches of road – wasn't expecting that level of nimbleness tbh.
    additionally, it's super comfy 2 up, for which it's intended.
    problem is, i dunno if i want a white or silver one ??? thoughts 🙂

mickasaki
    Free Member

dave – ones gone! wait for it to warm up abit more before i go for the left one though!
    martinxyz – its not the most offensive one fitted to new bikes at the moment though, and it is only temperary!

RustySpanner

S'got to be a white one.

Looks like Honda have got a bit arsey over the initial negative press.
    Don't know if that had any bearing on the bike winning the sports tourer grouptest in the latest issue of Bike, but I noticed that tank range wasn't mentioned once in the whole review.

I think it's a lovely looking thing, shame noise legislation & Honda's tightfisted R&D department has killed off gear driven cams though.

amplebrew

i dunno if i want a white or silver one ??? thoughts

Get silver…….. unless you want to look like a traffic officer etc etc 😉

I've got a sneaky suspicion that Police might end up using these to replace the Pans.

A lot of forces are using the sportier BMW's which are very simliar to the VFR is size performance etc.

We've just got a new BMW in work, which is a nice bike, but chatting to one of the lads, there were a few negative comments on the telelever front end. If a few forces get similar feedback, they might start getting VFR's possibly.

Shame they don't do a metallic black, think it would look amazing with the silver detail bits.

Ofcourse VFR's should ALWAYS be red 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

the white has silver panels (around seat and the secondary "inner" side panels) that look out of place and make the bike look disjointed. On the silver bike they fit in.

RustySpanner

the_lecht_rocks

There's a new 1200 Triumph Tourer on it's way soon, according to MCN.
    Worth waiting a while to see what it's like?

the_lecht_rocks

@rusty – it's just GOT to be a VFR [Honda] for the trips planned……

amplebrew

The fact that it's a V4 would sell it to me 🙂

I've had 3 VFR800's over the years and it's probably one of the best bikes I've had. Infact if I'd buy a new pre-vtec (gear driven) 800 tomorrow if they made one.

I'd love the new 1200, but it's a bit too big and heavy for what i'd use it for. Hardly ever carry a pillion, my missus has her own bike and most of my riding is around the TT course.

I'd love them to bring out V4 sports bike, really lovely engines.

Jimbo
    Free Member

VFRs stopped being VFRs with the introduction of the (now outgoing) VTEC monstrosity.

amplebrew

Jimbo – Member
    VFRs stopped being VFRs with the introduction of the (now outgoing) VTEC monstrosity.

Agreed

RustySpanner

When I finally get a house with a garage, I'd love one of these:

If there are any nice ones left by then.

However, as Ms Spanner is making noises about getting a bike again (bike noises?), one of the last proper VFR800's (non V-tec) might just fit the bill.

Why Honda fit pointless tech to perfectly reasonable bikes is beyond me.
    Ever since enclosed discs they've been trying to solve problems that don't exist.
    And whilst I love the new 1200 concept & looks, the small tank range and 2 camchains (2, on a Honda! They never could get 1 camchain to work properly) put me right off.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

some fugly bikes these days. The new blade posted above is so ugly it hit every branch on the way down! VTR looks much nicer and sounds way better. Thats got to be the most important thing with bikes, looks and sound.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘VFR 1200F Anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.