Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Very stiff sram split link
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

10sp split link that was really stiff to fit, in the end I had to brute force it as it was stuck half way (used my reverse split ring pliers), time is coming I’m going to want to remove the chain, anyone know a way to brute force the thing off? or am I looking at buying a new one, and splitting the chain itself?

simondbarnes

Sram 10spd joining links are designed to be single use only. Easiest way to fit them is put them on the top run of the chain, hold the front brake on then press down on the pedal. Should pop into place.

Simon

Think SRAM 10 speed links are one use only. I use KMC, they work like SRAM 9 spd Power links.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well COCK!

That explains that then. Should have read the instructions. Was a **** to fit, assumed I had a dud. That was why I had LBS get me a sram over shimano… thought I was being forward thinking and everything… thanks guys.

faz083
    Free Member

This is a good investment: http://www.parktool.com/product/master-link-pliers-mlp-1

makes the 9 speed a piece of cake as well.

themoodster
    Free Member

Ditch the 10 speed power lock and just use a nine speed power link. Fits and works fine, nowhere near as sloppy as the KMC 10 speed version.

swisstony
    Free Member

Haha, that explains why after a very frustrating 15mins I had to cut mine off yesterday!

JoeG
    Free Member

KMC Missing Link

I bought a 6 pack from ebay or amazon for about $12.

fivespot
    Free Member

Sram 10 links CAN be reused 🙄 Cheap tool made from a wire crimper does the job fine. Both my 10 speed chains have been removed dozens of time for cleaning, and the links click back together each time like when new 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

Cheap tool off ebay or cheap tool that’s cheap to make if you have the metal working tools?

If the latter then giving it the 🙄 seems a little unnecassary.

🙄

😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

#

fivespot
    Free Member

😳 # 😕

unklehomered
    Free Member

Either way, Cheers – found one on ebay, and now know its worth seeing if I can force it (chain should be one link shorter in ideal world) with the S/R pliers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Very stiff sram split link’ is closed to new replies.