Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)
  • VERY SAD about Christmas … BUT
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

For twenty years we have skied for eight weeks a year – my kids have had a white Christmas every year, perched in our old family home in the Valais. We are not going. We could. But we have decided that it is just not right. With ISGHL being implicated as a hub of infection in early 2020, it seems wrong to drive across and then mix with Swiss and German friends in the way we love so much. We think we already have had COVID – in February. We will get vaccinations as soon as we can. Maybe then…..but not now. SAD.

ambientcoast
    Free Member

I need to up my humblebragging game.

Tom-B
    Free Member

First time since 2014 that I’ll have not been at xmas. Already planning next seasons trips though.

IdleJon

and then mix with Swiss and German friends in the way we love so much.

Fnarr fnarr..

ElShalimo

Well that is very sad indeed but surely you can lower your standards and reluctantly spend Xmas with Richard Branson on Necker island?

Cheer up… turn that frown upside down

binners

You think you’re suffering?

I normally spend the entire festive season in a 2-week long orgy of desperately depraved activity, awash with coke and hookers in a sex dungeon in Amsterdam

Alas, not this year

We’ll all just have to make do as best we can. Have a sherry…

#firstworldproblems

tomhoward

Feel for you OP. Was going to post up how this is the first Xmas since 2000 that I haven’t had a job, but that seems a bit trivial now.

Daffy

How very moralistic of you. I’m deeply sorry that your incredibly privileged life has been disrupted by a global pandemic that it looks like you might have had a hand in introducing to the UK.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

I normally spend the entire festive season in a 2-week long orgy of desperately depraved activity, awash with coke and hookers in a sex dungeon in Amsterdam

You’re wasted up North Binners, it’s so tame up here you should have moved down to London and ran with my old crowd….:D

An ex squaddie turned computer programmer once walked past the concierge and apartment bar with a first violinist from a major American orchestra naked and on a leash.

I sort of miss London.

But yeah a lot of people have lost jobs, I feel very lucky to still be earning decent money.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

I reluctantly work eight weeks a year…

2tyred

This thread’s off to a cracking start, eh OP?

russianbob
    Free Member

How very terrible for you. Your poor children. I assume you and they will be able to go next year and that they’ll have lots of lovely presents and food this year to make up for it.

Have a think about what other people are having to go through with very little light at the end of the tunnel, never mind 8 weeks of skiing next year.

I’d say you are much part of the problem.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ElShalimo

how do the kids get 8 weeks off school?

I smell a troll

paino

If it’s just the driving that’s bothering you, can’t you tell Jeeves to warm up the G6? 😉

rascal
    Free Member

For twenty years we have skied for eight weeks a year – my kids have had a white Christmas every year,

How very awful for you.

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

I smell a troll as well.

This is technically quite a good one as it’s subtle but will rile up a lot of lefties, the capitalisation in the title and the use of “SAD” at the end gives it away though.

PrinceJohn

I didn’t realise Jacob Rees Mogg posted here.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s the staff I feel sorry for.

It took them weeks to polish the ballroom floor and now we’ve had to cancel.

Silver lining though…. those bally foxes are not going to hunt themselves.

redmex
    Free Member

What happened to the soap guy earlier in the day ? Bobby mcfadden

thegeneralist
    Free Member

This isn’t a troll at all. It is a genuine post.

(NBT/BH
    bear with me on this one.)

joshvegas
    Free Member

I reluctantly work eight weeks a year…

Theres a name for people like you.

Company man.

I bet you piss standing up so you can get back to your desk faster.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My heart pumps purple piss.

rascal
    Free Member

perchy just made me piss my pants 🙂

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Company man.

I bet you piss standing up so you can get back to your desk faster.

Company men actually do work, I think you’ll find he’s a contractor/consultant/interim malcontent like me.

We piss sitting down so we can charge the company or the taxpayer for the time.

rogermoore

perchy just made me piss my pants

Sitting or standing?
    RM.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Real company men wear nappies

joshvegas
    Free Member

Company men actually do work,

Exactly. 8 weeks!

johnx2
    Free Member

I normally spend the entire festive season in a 2-week long orgy of desperately depraved activity, awash with coke and hookers in a sex dungeon in Amsterdam Altrincham

walked past the concierge and apartment bar with a first violinist from a major American orchestra naked and on a leash

…and they were all on the fiddle (er)?

DezB
    Free Member

I’d say you are much part of the problem.

Harsh!

johnx2
    Free Member

Anyway, after so many threads telling me what trousers to wear and how to actually piss, it’s great at this time to finally have a thread where we can focus on what really matters: the problems of the second homeless.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Your a clueless twit aren’t you OP. For the first time in my life I will be spending Xmas on my own as my partner works as a nurse and I haven’t seen him in over 4 months due to the two of us living in different towns. HAPPY XMAS.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Thanks DezB….indeed no bragging, we just have a shack on a hill, that’s all. Nothing posh. And we have decided not to go precisely because we fear that by going we could contribute to the transmission of COVID. We are not undermining the reality of deaths from COVID, we are responding to it. Listening to the Today programme this morning and hearing the personal account of amputations and sight loss was upsetting and confirmed in my mind that we probably were doing the right thing in not going. We will go again when we feel we can pursue our interests without adverse impact on others.

Cougar

Probably for the best TBH.

In the current climate you’d probably go downhill fast.

ElShalimo

I think the OP could have gone but they’re struggling to save face as their RS6 is a 2018 model.

You can’t drive to the land of Die Schweiz in such an old crappy car. There’s no dignity in that.

thepurist

Careful Cougar – one pun leads to another and the whole thing will snowball

Mintyjim

Surely the OP is tongue in cheek / giving mad bantz / gently mocking?! I’ve re-read it a few times and I’m none the wiser.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

He could simply be a aunt?
    EDIT. Sorry typo…

paino

Round of Alpause needed for that

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I thinks its peaked now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.