Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Very OT – where to get a family crest designed?
  • scunny
    Free Member

So for the longest time MrsScunny has joked about having a family crest. She’s due to give birth to our twins in the next few days and I thought I’d look into getting one drawn up by someone with much more of artistic flair than me as a bit of a joke gift. But I’m not sure where to look? There are a few sites offering ‘crest generators’ but they don’t really provide what I’m after.

matt_outandabout

Why not post up a pic of you and mrs_s and we can let some forumites loose work on it?

Paging mrs_toast
    Paging jamie

gobuchul
    Free Member

Are you **** serious?

This **** place! FFS!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Half open portcullis with a cock tremblant.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The official place to start is here – http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/

However, if you don’t already have one that can be traced back to beyond the Domesday Book, I’m afraid to say that everyone else will think you something of an arriviste.

🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Chill out gobuchul, he’s just trying to do something fun for his mrs

gobuchul
    Free Member

Chill out gobuchul,

Apologies to the OP, I didn’t notice the joke in your post!

I thought you were serious! 😳

In any case get something like this:

scunny
    Free Member

….

km79
    Free Member

Somewhere pre 16th century perhaps?

scunny
    Free Member

Maybe you’d rather I got her Audi Q5 serviced or got her orange 5 resprayed.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Maybe you’d rather I got her Audi Q5 serviced or got her orange 5 resprayed.

Mate, I apologised!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Once you’ve finalised the design, make sure you get emblazoned onto some polo shirts (adults and children’s sizes). You’ll look a really impressive family unit on days out.

scaredypants

or got her “orange 5” resprayed

fake tan is sooooo out this year, dahling

nickc

Our family has actually got one of these…

chrisdw
    Free Member

Most surnames have a crest. There is a website somewhere out there I remember seeing.

globalti
    Free Member

There are websites where you can put in your name and you get back some ridiculous crest along with an invitation to shell out a ton of cash but these are for Americans and deluded Brits. The heritage industry is massive and the profits extravagant.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Good luck with arriving with a new one. Some of us are already catered for, however… 😉

Ahem

wolfenstein
    Free Member

you mean, you don’t have a family crest? 😯 oh my…. how did they let you register in STW at all?

mickmcd
    Free Member

Get yourself a nice tartan throw for the back seat of the car.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Very OT – where to get a family crest designed?’ is closed to new replies.