- Very OT: Washing Machine Carbon Brushes – any gurus/where to get very old parts
running an ancient Hotpoint 9901 washer dryer, with Axon fan motor blower for tumble dryer.
Well I say axon fan motor – however brushes are weird. Not the std brush/wire/spring carry on.
They consist of several parts;
– actual brush is about 7mm by 7mm and say about 40 mm long
– it is held in a metral U (about 45mm on sides and 8 mm base), one on side of the U is a slot (which a pin on one side of the bush fits) on the other side of the U is a metal coil – which when the brush is inserted down the U it pushes the brush back against the motor.
– the brush is put in the metal U and then the metal U (wich is about 8mm by 7 exterior diameter) goes in the brush hold.
– anybody know where I can get brushes
– anybody know where I can get normal brishes that are 7x7mm
– is filing down a brush to fit a good or bad idea ?Posted 10 years ago
Hi uplink – these are the brushes I expected (what I had in the first motor that eventually wore out)- however as I say there is some weirdness going on – I’ve never seen brushes like this before – wafer metal U holder and coiled flat metal spring.
Problem is I need to know the actual size of brush – you can’t tell from photos. I think my cunning plan is to get a brush 8×8 and introduce it to Mr File.
Thanks to all thoughPosted 10 years ago
Yahoo – looks like I’m saved
bottom RPosted 10 years ago
The topic ‘Very OT: Washing Machine Carbon Brushes – any gurus/where to get very old parts’ is closed to new replies.