Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Very nice place to stay on Skye?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The 3 Chimneys is the obvious choice but there do seem to be a lot of bad reviews for the accommodation so any other recommendations? Not looking to slum it this time

user-removed
    Free Member

[blatant plug]If you want self catering, you could do a lot worse than one of my mum’s cottages. Wood burning stoves, brand new ‘themed’ decor (proper old Scottish kitsch with tartan all over the place 🙂 ), nine miles NW of Portree and great views out over the loch…..[/blatant plug ]

Here you go!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks only want it for a long weekend in April so s-c probably not an option

piha
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at the Ardvasar Hotel a few times, it’s quite nice and handy for the ferry.

horatio
    Free Member

Claire McDonalds place, can’t remember the name.

Waderider
    Free Member

Camasunary bothy is sweet.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Sligachan Hotel/Inn would probably be my choice for history and setting, the current building dates back to 1830 and has been popular with outdoors types ever since. No idea what it’s like as a hotel tho, but their public bar is very popular. It’s pretty central and at the foot of the cuillins. I’ve only ever slummed it at the campsite.

j_me
    Free Member

Claire McDonalds place, can’t remember the name.

Kinloch Lodge

or alternatively think about

Duisdale House Hotel

I wouldn’t recommend the Sligachan, it is an amazing setting though.

iainc

3 chimneys was excellent when I was there 3 or 4 yrs ago – couldn’t fault it – very high quality. might have changed now if there are poor reviews

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Depends what type of accomodation you want?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Well I’ve eaten at the 3 Chimneys before and it was great but never stayed. Some of the reviews on Tripadvisor suggest that the accommodation is not up to the standard of the restaurant but it is premium priced. It’s going to cost about £1000 for DB&B for 2 people for 3 nights. I’m happy to stay somewhere else and have a meal at 3 Chimneys

blurltrider
    Free Member

The Spoons at Skeabost looks lovely

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Very nice place to stay on Skye?’ is closed to new replies.