Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Very comfy bar tape ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Need to re tape my bars for commuting and I want the best. Never purchased it before so would like recommendations please?

aP
    Free Member

Depends. What do you want from it?

scotroutes

Lizard Skins DSP is nice. Not too padded but retains a “sticky” surface that reduces the need to grip the bars too hard.

For complete comfort, use some Fizik or Specialized gel pads under whatever tape you use.

pinder318
    Free Member

I’m using specialized phat tape 4.5. It comes with gel pads and Roubaix tape. Works well. Roubaix tape on 8th own isn’t bad either. Think it was under 20 quid for the kit

iainc

I used to use phat tape, then someone on here recommended the DSP stuff and I have stuck with that since as I really like the feel of it !

simondbarnes

Lizard Skins DSP for me. The 3.2mm stuff for the most comfort.

lazybike
    Free Member

This is nice…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Double wrap or gel pads under the wrap maybe if you want a bit more comfort. Feel of bar tape really down to personal preference though. Am liking the DSP stuff though.

singletrackmind

Specialized Roubaix tape is good , thick enough without being like tennis racket handle tape iykwim.

amplebrew

Not cheap, but the ESI stuff is really great.

biglee1

I got some of the DSP tape as a freebie for signing up to Cyclist mag for a few issues, 3 for a fiver I think.
    Yet to fit it but it feels nice 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got some cheapish foam stuff. Looks decent and quite comfy but only a couple of mm thick so ultimately not very compliant. At my LBS I’ve seen shaped gel pads you adhere to your bars at the usual contact points and tape over them. I think if I wanted something really comfy for commuting i’d go for that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Very comfy bar tape ?’ is closed to new replies.