Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Veho Muvi mini camcorder; anyone got one? How do you mount it?
  • stumpy01

I got one of these cameras for Christmas:

and haven’t really been able to try it out yet.
    The standard clip it comes with (as per the pic) isn’t really designed for off road riding. I used it on the road the other day clipped to the chest strap of my back pack & all I got was footage of the road/front wheel & bars….the camera is small but chunky and just flops forwards around the chest strap.

There’s an Extreme Sports Pack (extreme, man!) that comes with a helmet mount & stuff but it gets mixed reviews.

I didn’t know if there was anything made by an alternative supplier that can be used?
    Or has anyone used the ‘Extreme Sports Pack’ and found that it actually works OK?

The pack is quite cheap on Amazon so I am tempted to order one anyway, but seems a bit silly if there is something out there that does the job better……

orangeman5
    Free Member

Friend of mine has one of these, you will be surprised how good it is. Easy and quick to download and view, handles sun into shaded woods really well for such a small camera, most impressed…he had several clips with his, strap to helmet with cord on helmet just incase, worked really well, thinking of getting one myself as it is a good camera for the money… 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

I Clipped it to my camelback check strap and secured it with a bit of good old electrical tape 🙂

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Bodged a mount for the bars from a simple padded out light bracket but do also use the ‘helmet’ mount out of the ‘extreme’ pack.

stumpy01

Right then – thanks for the replies.

I think I will go for the extreme sports pack for a starter, as I was planning on using it mainly helmet mounted. Just hope I don’t have to move my helmet light mount to get the camera bodged on as well….

monkeysfeet – I know what you mean about the on/off switch & the vox switch. When I use mine, I think I will just leave it on – it seems to go into a sleep mode if not recording for a couple of mins, and wakes with a press of the record button.
    When I took it out on the road, I kept having to check that I had actually pressed the start recording button as it wasn’t exactly obvious. 50% of the time, I hadn’t started the recording (it was still on blue LED)…..and I had to press again (slow green flashing). This won’t be very easy to confirm if I am out on my own! Might have to get one of those angled dental mirrors – do Park Tools do them?! 😉

I did think that setting it up will be a case of tinkering at home with the laptop close at hand to check the angle….

orangeman5 – yeah, the shots of the road & the front end of my bike did look pretty good quality! Amazing what they can pack into such a small camera. I think I will also be using the lanyard as a back-up strap to secure it!

foxyrider – I did wonder about prodigious use of gaffer tape and zip ties!!

Another couple of Q’s –

There are quite a few mentions of the standard card not being up to the task in terms of speed resulting in a jerky image. Faster cards are supposed to sort this. Has anyone noticed this problem? I wondered if that was just with the HD version?

There seems no way to set the date? All files seem to be named pict001, pict002 etc. with a date of something like Jan 01/2001. I take it there’s no way to set this??

Finally, is there any decent (preferably free) video editing software out there? And is it worth converting the files into something a bit more compressed? The files seem quite hefty straight out of the camera.

stumpy01

AnalogueAndy – Member
    Bodged a mount for the bars from a simple padded out light bracket

How does bar mounted work out? I imagine it to be a bit juddery/bumpy & in tight singletrack would be switching left/right/left/right all the time??

stumpy01

Cycle Surgery have got the sports kit for £9.99 delivered. Bargain!

Cheers monkeysfeet, I will stick with the standard card for now.

Might have to set a youtube account or something up now!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Veho Muvi mini camcorder; anyone got one? How do you mount it?’ is closed to new replies.