Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • vehicle running costs, vans?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere that lists the running costs of vans/commercial vehicles?

google throws up cars/Australian cars and more Australian cars.

Any help will be appreciated. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Anyone?

steveh

I take it you’re after a comparison of the running costs of different models rather than general info on cost of car vs van?

If so I’ve never seen anything like this. What models are you interested in?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Sorry no links, I do have the fuel consumption figures from my own van tho, taken over a year/14000 miles.

2003 T4- 88bhp.

legend
    Free Member

was the 26mpg trip the ‘sprint’ from ft.bill to milton keynes by any chance? 😉

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Might have been….

matt_outandabout

neat app – how do I get one!?

donsimon
    Free Member

I take it you’re after a comparison of the running costs of different models rather than general info on cost of car vs van?

If so I’ve never seen anything like this. What models are you interested in?

I’m looking for something like this, but for light commercials, any van that has carrying capacity for 9 people.

From my Googling, I’ve come up with nothing. I thought someone would know something I didn’t.

Thanks monkeyfudger, what I’m looking for is a more detailed breakdown, sevice costs, depreciation/resale values so I can look at costs per mile over it’s life.

Thanks.

steveh

I figured that’s what you were looking for but as I’ve said I never seen one. Your 9 seat options are…

Trafic/vivaro/primastar
    Transit
    Transporter
    Vito
    Dispatch/scudo/expert

Or bigger stuff like
    sprinter
    crafter
    boxer/relay
    etc

If you’re buying new and do high miles the vito which now comes with a 3year unlimited mileage warranty is a good deal despite being my least favourite of the vans to be in/drive. Pretty much all of them have the same issues with injectors, flywheels etc as all modern diesels do.

donsimon
    Free Member

Blast! Thanks for that steveh. At the moment I’m just looking at costing the different vans for an idea I’m trying to cost out.
    I’ll have to look at guestimating. I’m not really sure if it’ll be high mileage either which is why I was looking for something that I could play with changing my criteria.

Being aware that a cheaper Trafic might be more expensive than a Sprinter in the long run etc…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Matt- it’s called “Road Trip LE” developed by Darren Stone if that helps. That is the lite version, the paid for one does servicing costs etc! Really good defo recommended.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘vehicle running costs, vans?’ is closed to new replies.