Vehicle hire, out of hours drop off and damage.

Home Forum Chat Forum Vehicle hire, out of hours drop off and damage.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Vehicle hire, out of hours drop off and damage.
  • Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Take pictures of the car when you drop it off.

Gary_M

What would happen if there was damage after you parked it up to any point before the hire people check it?

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

I think until they book it back in, any damage is your responsibility.

iolo

They’ll just charge the credit/debit card you used to pay the initial rental. It’s written in the T&C’s that you’ve signed when you took delivery of the car that they will.
    It will then be up to you to prove there was no damage and reclaim your cash.
    Good luck with that.
    I always take them back during office hours.

TrekEX8

I’ve had a few battles with rental car companies and am always expecting a fight on drop off.
    I work at an airport, and having seen the way that the staff move cars, I’m not surprised that they get damaged.
    I’d recommend taking a photo if you drop off after hours (saved me from paying for a damaged wheel) and if you fill up before dropping off keep the receipt as I’ve been charged (subsequently refunded) for allegedly not filling the tank.

andyl

I dislike hire car companies, I am one of those people who spot every little defect which doesnt help worry about getting a bill for damage they didn’t write down when they sent the car out.

Enterprise is currently top of my check everything list after a colleague who uses they for about 10 days every month got shafted by them over a dangerous damaged tyre they sent a car out with and he didn’t do anything to it. I have zero trust for both their ability to notice defects and honesty over them, but I completely expect them to shaft customers when they get a chance.

Try and park the car in clear view of CCTV, take a few photos or even better a video walking around the car and then straight to the letter box for you to drop the keys in without stopping the video.

Gary_M

I always take them back during office hours.

Not easy if you’re flight is in the middle of the night for example.

project

Hired a car once, and on returning it, the guy checked the depth of the tyres,and went over the engine with a uv light, reason being people had hired vehicles for a weekend and swoped old bits for the newer bits on the hire car.

The gf has got to drop a hire car out of hours and drop the keys into a drop box. What happens if there is any damage to the car while it is parked up over night.? Is she liable.? How does it work.?

FunkyDunc

Surely if you take a car back out of ‘open’ hours then the risk is yours not theirs, until you get a signed piece of paper ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Vehicle hire, out of hours drop off and damage.’ is closed to new replies.