Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vegan mozzarella recipes
  • chvck
    Free Member

I appreciate this may be a long shot and that I’m bereft a soul for not eating cheese but I don’t eat any sort of dairy (cow or otherwise) for personal health reasons that seem to be working. Sooo, anyone got a good recipe for a vegan mozzarella for use on pizza? As much as I try to convince myself pizza without cheese is just as good it just isn’t. I don’t really want a shop bought one as they tend to be full of crap (see previously mentioned personal health jazz).

Thanks!

fatmountain
    Free Member

Vegans are weak, “mmmm bacon”, the plants you eat have feelings, you should eat like a normal bloke, etc. Just thought I’d get them in there and out the way.

duncancallum

Charles ask on the mnpr group

Andy is a vegan and well clued up on options

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kahl
    Free Member

What you’re looking for doesn’t exist. Sorry.

As much as I try to convince myself pizza without cheese is just as good it just isn’t.

Speak to the Romans.

simondbarnes

100g Cashews, couple tablespoons lemon juice, 50ml coconut yoghurt, 100ml almond milk, salt, 5g nutritional yeast & 25g tapioca starch.

Soak cashews overnight, drain & then blend all of above in a blender. Chuck in a saucepan, heat & whisk until it starts to come together. Lower heat, stir with wooden spoon until you have a ball of cheese. Transfer to a bowl, cool and then divide into portions.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Another, similar to the one above but with refined coconut oil for extra goopyfat melt-content. Needs to be a quality refined oil so tastes neutral in the mix:

marksnook
    Free Member

Lafauxmargerie.com have some good ones that aren’t full of crap, used a recipe similar to simonbarnes and it worked well.
    There are a lot of vegan cheese making kits you can buy which make it very simple but probably cheaper to buy ingredients separately

nickthegreek
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vegan mozzarella recipes’ is closed to new replies.