Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Vegan food Fort Bill World Cup
  • malv173
    Free Member

As per the title really.  Heading up on Friday (very excited!). Was just wondering what tbe food and drink offerings are like in terms of vegan friendliness? If it’s just beer and chips all day, I’m fine with that, but there’s not loads of info on the main site.

croe
    Free Member

There is a food tent with maybe 4/5 hipster looking food and drink vans inside and normally at least a couple vans outside as well. Sure at least one of them will have something. Last year seems everyone was eating pizza from one of the vans with a pizza oven. There are also the restaurants – one at base of gondola (Pinemartin), and one at top (Snowgoose) which have one vegan starter and main option according to their menu.

trail_rat
    Free Member

There are also the restaurants – one at base of gondola (Pinemartin), and one at top (Snowgoose) which have one vegan starter and main option according to their menu.

While this is true by name….. The reality is 9.50 for a small portion of what can only be described as school dinner vegi curry. Prepare to be disappointed on that front.

I certainly was at 10 under the Ben

gilesmartin81

There was a vegan haggis last year which was really good. Hopefully they will be there again this year.

marksnook
    Free Member

Not specific to the post but at races I always seem to end up with pizza without cheese, kind of tomato sauce bread in a Way! It works though!
    I’ve almost resorted to always carrying a packed lunch! I’m planning on heading up next year so would be interested to know what’s available

malv173
    Free Member

Nice one everybody! Sounds like it’ll all be good! Cheers! I’ll try and remember to report back with what is/was on offer.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its Scotland, the midges will be out in force, so all food, any food, will come with a dose of midge sprinkled on top. Bit like hundreds and thousands.

duckman

Get take out from the Wildcat in the main street before you go.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I was there this weekend. Nice cafe / deli with plenty of vegan options on the main high street.

If only the weather was any good i might have stayed longer.

bigjim

not sure you can be vegan in fort bill as being there involves killing so many midges

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Typical vegan, hasn’t even got there, and they’ve already told everyone they’re a vegan😁

malv173
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at The Wildcat.  Takeout sounds like a good plan. Less time spent queuing at the venue, more time to whoop and holler!

And uselesshippy, there’s no point in being vegan if you can’t exert your moral superiority, is there? 😊😊😊🤣🤣🤣

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Its Scotland, the midges will be out in force, so all food, any food, will come with a dose of midge sprinkled on top. Bit like hundreds and thousands.

I’ve lived here on the west coast for 44 years, and can honestly count on one hand when they’ve even come close to spoiling a day out, but do carry on.

OP – I’m not a vegan, but even I’d still take my own food. 🙂

marksnook
    Free Member

I was wondering how long it would take someone to pull that card useless hippy!
    Well played marv 😂😂

malv173
    Free Member

Nobeer, I’m not anticipating they’ll be an issue either.  Just looking at tbe options, but more likely to be taking my own food. I’m expecting this coming weekend to be one of the greatest of my life so far! My first world cup and the furthest north I’ve ever been.

malv173
    Free Member

Cheers Mark!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Vegan food Fort Bill World Cup’ is closed to new replies.